PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Vs All Blacks. . . .

FFP
26th Nov 2005, 18:50
So did the match start 40 secs early or was the F3 40 secs late ?!?!? :ok:.......:E

Bright-Ling
26th Nov 2005, 19:21
Being chatted about in the ATC forum here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199952)

B-L:)

buoy15
26th Nov 2005, 19:35
No Spitfires over Twickenham though, eh?

Bright-Ling
26th Nov 2005, 19:52
I think Hounslow International gets in the way.....

B-L:)

Impiger
27th Nov 2005, 12:54
Now come on chaps we all know the aircraft arrives smack on time. The real skill is in the Referee blowing his whistle, Parade Commander calling the 'Present' or Bandmaster timing the last notes of the anthem on time.

Mach the Knife
27th Nov 2005, 14:17
Flypast was scheduled for exactly 1431 and 45 seconds. The organiser then delayed the flypast by 15 seconds, (passed via Sqn Ops after the jets had launched) The jets were over the stadium, on speed at exactly 1432. Time hack was taken from 'the time sponsored by accurist' and backed up by the 4 GPS fed Inertial Nav platforms in the 2 jets, which was also backed up by 2 very professional Navigators with a stopwatch and map. Shame the referee was working to 'time sponsored by mickey mouse' makes the sqn look bad in the eyes of those without all of the information. Incidentaly the lead crew was a Scottish Pilot with a Kiwi Navigator.

SixDelta
27th Nov 2005, 16:34
We'll just blame Wiki then :D

BEagle
27th Nov 2005, 18:13
I did a number of flypasts when I was in the RAF - and the one thing we always said firmly to the people on the ground was that they HAD to be on time.

They NEVER were!

I once did a sunset flypast at the Covert Oxonian Aerodrome with a holding pattern some miles off and we had a mate in the roof of the Officers Mess with a TCW ground-to-air radio so that he could minimise the clockwork soldiers' errors in timing by giving us an independent time-to-go call. On the night, the music man was a whole minute early :\ ; he'd sworn blind that his timing woud be within 20 seconds..... As we were heading away in our hold at the time, we turned in from where we were, cuffed it and accelerated to max speed (the flypast was planned for 210 KIAS) and came thundering in (this was long before the days of GPS/INS!) until we'd made good our planned countdown timing features. As we got to the final check, we went to idle thrust and appeared from behind the trees spot on time in (almost) silence. Apparantly the trees shook eerily with our vortices (I worked out why later - I still had QNH set...oops!), the crowd loved it and the photographer never even got his lens cap off!

It's still talked about, I gather!

santiago15
27th Nov 2005, 20:06
BEagle,

How does the old saying go? If you can't be good be lucky.

BEagle
27th Nov 2005, 20:39
Meaning what, precisely?

Echo 5
28th Nov 2005, 18:04
FFP,

Don't know who got the timing wrong but the flypast certainly came after kick off.
Can say for sure that someone navigated over the top of the south stand instead of over the middle of the park. I heard them but never saw them.
Thanks to the FJ guys anyway for giving the rest of the gathering a buzz.:cool:

Bob Viking
29th Nov 2005, 07:58
Come on guys. We all know how air defenders hack their watches.
Standby to hack. 3, 2, 1...... Wednesday. Questions?
BV:E