PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Kenyon DVD

Trevor KC
26th Nov 2005, 15:40
Hi All

Received for my birthday the other week the Dennis Kenyon "The helicopter experience" DVD.

It is absolutely awesome! one of the best bits being when Dennis talks you through his routine from inside the aircraft.
Overall though, this is certainly one of, if not the best aviation film I've seen in a long time, well worth getting hold of and of course it is for a great cause.

One of my dreams is to pop down to Shoreham and have an hour tuition with the great man.

Great stuff!!:ok:

Big_Johnno
27th Nov 2005, 16:56
Sounds like a great present. i have seen a few of his amazing air show routines and i would like to get a copy of that DVD myself but i don't think it is available in Australia. if you are thinking of poping down to see him i heard he retired a few months ago. it is a pity to loose someone so experienced from the industry.
John

TiPwEiGhT
27th Nov 2005, 19:18
Where can you get the DVD from? Searched Google and couldnt find nout...

TiP:cool:

Three Blades
28th Nov 2005, 07:58
Try Transair pilot shop. It was in their latest brochure.
(and a copy is waiting in in Santa's sack for me):D

goose boy
28th Nov 2005, 10:14
I heard from a little dickie bird that he is now retired, shame.

Big_Johnno
28th Nov 2005, 10:57
Here is a link to the DVD.
http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID=2&Product_ID=5099
John

MightyGem
28th Nov 2005, 13:18
Basic video can be seen here. (http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/videos/) Towards the bottom of the page.

DennisK
28th Nov 2005, 18:40
The DRK display DVD.

If the moderator will allow my notes..... The DVD is available from the Shoreham Transair shop. They have a hundred or so in stock. Sarah Freeman is the contact. [email protected].

Or I can dispatch from [email protected].

All sale proceeds go to fund our 2006 helicopter scholarship. More details of that will be in the January issue of Loop.

Yes I have retired from commercial flying and the Shoreham Office is closed for good. Subject to sponsorship next year, I'm planning on running a 'duo' display team.

Thanks friends everywhere for your kind comments on our DVD effort.

Safe flying all.

Dennis Kenyon.

H Addict
29th Nov 2005, 16:04

WhirlyGirl Sarah
3rd Dec 2005, 23:00
I just had to add that the DVD is a great watch. I highly recommend it. :O

WGS

Thomas coupling
4th Dec 2005, 08:25
Bit slow off the mark there Dennis - 5 hours to notice your video was advertised free on another website by Mighty Gem!!!

Ooops there it is - gone!

Best wishes for your retirement.

Gary S
5th Dec 2005, 10:59
TC

I am the culprit that runs the site with one of Den's Videos on for free, it hasn't been pulled I just moved it to the top of the page to make it a bit more prominent. It can still be found at http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/videos/index.asp#Aerobatics . It is hosted with Dennis' permission and in an effort to promote his DVD.

The scholarship is a worthwhile cause and has helped two 'youngsters' who otherwise probably wouldn't have been able to obtain a helicopter licence.

A number of people try and help out (usually for free) when they can, I did the skills test on this years winner Hanna Nobbs and as I think Dennis has said elsewhere, she's a pretty good pilot.

I bought a copy of the DVD on a visit to Transair the other week and can confirm that it is very good, the quality is considerably higher than the version I have on the web. I particularly like the narrated 'inside the cockpit view' during a display at Shoreham.

So all of you who are perhaps thinking of buying something for the pilot who has everything, please follow the links above or off my site and order away.

Gary Spender