PDA

View Full Version : A340-500

Jetlagged Purser
25th Nov 2005, 04:28
Has anyone here on this forum worked as a cabin crewmember on the A340-500 very long range flights? My longest segment has probably been 15 or so hours long and I am curious about those who have worked the segments that may have been 19 hours or longer.

I am curious about accommodations for cabin crew rest and special issues that may have arisen. Segments this long must have stories that are unique to these flights. Flight attendants must feel beaten up at the end of flights of this length!

Thanks so much!

sydflyboy
4th Dec 2005, 05:29
i fly on the 500, 3 to 4 times a month, however our longest flight is only 15hrs which is syd 2 dxb, also do a 14hr dxb 2 jfk with a 24hr layover which is a killer....nice aircraft however breaks as soon as you touch it, always going tech and ife system never works, crew rest is ok, downstairs at R4, so very noisy can hear carts, pax and toilets but have ife down there to block out it out

Left2assist
4th Dec 2005, 05:34
sydflyboy,

Hi.
Any truth to the rumour that on your DXB-SYD and SYD-DXB cabin crew are required to have 4 hours off in a buck and that your service schedule on board is worked around this rest requirement??
Thx.

LOTflyer
4th Dec 2005, 12:32
How many cc are you there on 345???

sydflyboy
4th Dec 2005, 15:11
the legal req. for breaks is 3.5 hours, we normally get more depends on how long the first service takes, the second service doesnt req. all crew so normally the the first crew do the service and the second clear, then everyone is up for the last service, however for a dxb-jfk the main meal service is in the middle so you have to have all crew up, there are 14 crew, 6y 4j 4f