PDA

View Full Version : CPL(H)... what next?

JinjaNinja
24th Nov 2005, 23:03
This is my first post...

I've been hour building for a CPL(H) and would love to be flying charter A to B kind of stuff within a few years.

My question is this: What is my best next move? Should I consider off-shore for a couple of years to gain experience and twin turbine time? If so, who with, is there demand, and do they take on CPL(H) pilots with 185 hrs for training?

Also, do I need an IR or should I focus my time on getting an instructor rating and building hours that way instead?

A base out of Norfolk would be ideal, but I'm more than happy to commute/relocate wherever necessary.

Jinja

Bravo73
25th Nov 2005, 08:03
JN,

Check your PMs.

B73

Whirlygig
25th Nov 2005, 08:16
KMS,

Where does JinjaNinja say he only has R22 rating? Not EVERYONE learns to fly one of those!!!

Cheers

Whirls

Hummingfrog
25th Nov 2005, 08:22
kissmysquirrel

What you say is misleading as if you are the "right stuff" then the offshore companies may be interested. CHC Scotia has some 150hrish copilots going through training now. You have to pass all the HR nause and a sim check but we are taking on "inexperienced pilots" at the moment.

HF

Floppy Link
25th Nov 2005, 10:52
...as did Bond Offshore...
recently took on 6, majority of whom were low time - put them through Ec135 type rating and the IR (not like the good old days when you could do yer IR on anything, now you need the type on licence for Initial IR), then onto the Puma or 225 or whatever it's called these days.

No slots now though, but it shows that it can be done.

:ok:

JinjaNinja
26th Nov 2005, 11:00
OK - food for thought. So the off-shore route isn't totally out of the question. Thanks for the feedback and for the PM's.

JN

ASMUS
26th Nov 2005, 16:49
Kissmysquirrel,

so U suggest that most of prof pilots in the industry, started to look for their first job after they build 1000 hr?

Thats normal procedure?

Tomasz

masteroff
27th Nov 2005, 08:16
Check your pm's. cheers.