PDA

View Full Version : Air Turks and Caicos

Idratherbesailing
24th Nov 2005, 20:50
Hey everyone

Looking to see if anyone has any first hand experience flying in the TCI, and particular with Air T & C. Any relatively recent info on the operations and living in Provo would be appreciated.

Thanks

B Sousa
7th Dec 2005, 18:32
Strange they disappeared, you might ask the Stable Captain if for some reason he bumped them..........I certainly would.

Again the question as to what you brought to the plate lingers. Low timers traditionally get screwed as they sometimes take anything that comes along.

What you have JUST posted mirrors about every small charter company that I have seen in the Caribbean and Pilots live worse than most unemployed locals. They do so to build time in the hopes that American, Delta, United or some other big carrier will send a rep down there as they are "something the Airlines really needs and NOW".............It aint gonna happen.
Lots of Pilots compromise themselves by flying some of these crappy planes and when something happens guess who takes the heat.....You got it.The Pilot not the owner/operator. Pilot has the sole responsibility.........Keep that in mind. You can always get another ****ty job.
Your obviously in the fixed wing side, consider that if you were a Helicopter type, they wont even talk to you until you get at least a thousand hours..........and that is just a talk, not necessarily a job.

Captain Stable
14th Dec 2005, 11:09
insert_name and I have been in conversation via PM. I have told him that a form of his post that he sent to me is acceptable.

I have also answered one or two questions he had concerning what is permissible here and how PPRuNe mods operate.

insert_name
14th Dec 2005, 23:07
Do not quit a job to come here!
The only reason you should consider joining air T & C is if you have no job, no hours, no life, no wife or partner and get everything in writing before you come.

You will have to pay for everything yourself
1. Return airfare here annually
2. Air law exam US$50 once
3. Validation Check flight US$200 once
4. TCI Validation US$88 annually
5. 1/2 of Work Permit US$750 annually
6. Blood test US$80 annually
7. Police check (from local country) annually
8. Airport ID US$20 annually
9. Uniforms
10. Medicals
11. License renewals

This has been the experience of all the crews once they arrived.

* you will not be paid during training. They claim training is 2 weeks. The average is 5 weeks, some have been longer. So bank on no salary for 5 weeks.
* you will have to find your own place on your own during training and have to come up with a rental bond of usually 2 months rent. And you are not getting paid yet.
* The cost of living here is high. Gas is US$5.15/gallon.
* Utilities are expensive. If you run A/C nightly expect to pay USD$250/month, no A/C should run about $130
* Rent in Provo for an apartment in good condition will cost US$1000-$1900 / month. There is nothing for less that any westerner should consider living in. You will have no help at all to find a place to live. Its hard to find apartments and its expensive.
* Internet cost $50 / months for 128kb ADSL, Phone line is $40 / month. Calls to the USA/Canada are US$0.45/min, Asia/NZ US$7.50/min.
* Crime is a problem in Provo.
* The aircraft are running on the MEL most of the time. Things take a long time to get fixed Maintenance department are good but hands are tied from above.
* Roistering is a nightmare. Expect to come here and just work. 7 on 2 off, or 5 on 1 off then 6 on 2 off. You only ever get the minimum 7 days off a month.
* Duty days are long, right on the max, and they try not to count dead heading as duty.
* You are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
* You never know when you will be off. you cant organize anything so expect to have no social life at all. You exist here only to work.
* You need permission to leave the country on days off
* You won't get staff travel or jumpseat with any other airlines, if they tell you they do....they don't, and probably never will. They have been saying that for years.
* If you are flying on any license other than FAA you will have to pay to return home and renew your license at your own cost, during your holiday time. There is no local TCI license just a validation.
* The salary is not good. If you have a partner then it is impossible to live on your salary alone. You can not save money here if you have a life.
* There are no benefits such as Medical or retirement plans.
* All levels of management tell you what they think you want to hear.
* There have been 5 pilots leave recently, why???? Its not good here.

european champion
19th Dec 2005, 16:22
Where is the owner from?

insert_name
20th Dec 2005, 02:56
The owner is a local TCI islander.
The company started about 10 or more years ago with Cessna singles and an aztec
Started flying a regular schedule in 2003.

Capt.Bee
20th Dec 2005, 12:51
Insert_name I find somehow difficult to believe that you still continue to work for this employer.The "paradise" you have described is beyond belief. I admire your patience and courage, but you should step up, pack your belongings and look for better place.
CB

GunDog
23rd Dec 2005, 15:32
Just thought I'd take a moment and confirm what was being said about Air Turks and Caicos. First, keep in mind that the owner and upper management call it "Air Turks and Chaos." They know what they're doing, they're flying planes illegally, scheduling illegally, maximizing revenue and trying to keep costs down. How can this be possible you ask?

Well, let's see, first the owner Lyndon Gardiner is related to the Chief Minister. I think in the real world that's called nepotism and political capital.

I left there a few months back after working for roughly four months there. The pilot group is sensational, but unlike Americans, pilot jobs around the world require substantial flight time and good jobs are in extremely high demand. It's no wonder folks head down there. The Wx is usually awesome, the beaches phenomenal, but you'll only see them from the air.

I flew as a CA and was asked to break rules everyday. I have no problem being a cowboy within limits, but I do have limits. This organization will put you in bad situations daily if not on every leg. They'll throw bags on the plane and lie on the manifest about the weight. If you go there, assume they are out to kill you and you need to manage everything... It's worse in Haiti. Unless you're fluent in Creole or have pretty decent French skills, you better never leave the airplane.

My advice, work anywhere else... It's simply not worth the risk of anything happening and jeopardizing your future.

SkyKing is a much better operation, but it's not perfect either. They offered me a CA slot the day I was leaving. They continually offered me a job for weeks. I considered it because they run a more professional organization. However, your living conditions will be the same expensive, poverty level accomodations that exist on all the islands. If you're a multi-millionaire you could live well, but then why would you be working?

ContractFlyGal
3rd Jan 2006, 02:56
They are getting an EMB 120...it is currently scheduled to ferry to Provo later this week.

I just completed some manuals for them and was paid promptly. I only see them as moving forward.

Have time on the EMB 120? You need to go through the crew placement firm that is handling this. I believe they are still looking for cockpit folks.

PM me if you have time in type and I will put you intouch with the right people...

ContractFlyGal
18th Jan 2006, 02:36
Just to follow up on my previous post. I just returned from doing a little work for Air T&C. I was paid promptly, the apartment was comfortable, and clean...well except for the shower curtain.... I did not have a problem there at all. I do not know what flew up the guys butt who felt it necessary to put down this airline.

I found them to be reachable, knowledgeable, and professional.... If you really want to fly in the Caribbean...send them your CV. EMB 120 time is a must......

insert_name
20th Jan 2006, 22:59
I cant believe the :mad: from ContractFlyGal.
There are 3 pilots that had to live here and deal with the incompetence on Air T C daily that all have the same story here on this thread.
Just because one American comes over and has a nice time for a few days does not mean that it is a good place to work.
The EMB120 was meant to be there the first week in November, then December. CFGal said it would be there later in the week and it wasn’t. It finally came a week later now that the high season has ended.
The hotel that Air T C use for the twotter / king air crews is a certified 1star dump and you usually have to walk back to the airport. So I am glad for you CFGal that you had a better hotel, a nice time in the islands and you could go back to civilization.
Some recent examples of the lies are.
A new pilot was told he would have his airfare reimbursed and a hotel supplied by the company in Provo upon arrival. He had to pay for the room and he never got a cent towards his ticket. He left after a week. Must be a great place.
If you are going to go, make sure you have your expenses paid before you leave!
Also download CAP 371. That is the legislation for flight and duty times in the Turks. They don’t give it too you and they don’t want you to have it.
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=22

GunDog
22nd Jan 2006, 12:28
Here's the situation on Air T&C and the EMB-120. Almost everyone who had enough flight time for command on the EMB-120 left the company over the reasons mentioned on the other posts. The company has previously tried short-term leasing on a DHC-8 and knows that the regular staff pilots believe they should receive a pay increase to fly a bigger type aircraft. The company chose to go through a contracting agency for the pilots and kept them seperate from the other crews. They got a better hotel, rental cars, and paid through their agency, or I'm sure the agency would have removed the crews. In that situation I'm sure you had a good experience. Not to mention you were there a few days...
My question is this... Did you live in housing where the other islanders live - NO. Until you leave the initial honeymoon stage you received the few days you were there, you really are comparing apples and oranges. Did you know that crews were there for weeks without the other crew's knowledge? Did you spend any time with the other crews who had been there for years? The Aussies, the Swede, or the Trinis?
As far as things up peoples butt, honesty based on longer experience might save someone a lot of aggrevation. If someone goes through your agency, perhaps they'll have a different and better experience, but I'm sure too that CAA is watching them like a hawk and for now the company may have to toe the line. Let's see what happens when the Twin Otter comes back on line and the company is faced with removing a type from the AOC per CAA regulation. But oh that's right, you're not there...

ContractFlyGal
22nd Jan 2006, 22:35
To answer your questions, I did not stay in a hotel. I stayed in an apartment where the crews stay. My food was purchased, I had transportation and I was paid for my plane ticket and my time. I have no complaints.

I am going back in 10 days to continue what I started. I am helping them get the 120 on the AOC. Yes, I am contract and yes I will get paid through an agency. This first trip I did not, I was paid directly by Air T & C.

This is indeed apples and oranges, and perhaps some sour grapes. Thing is you didn't like it so you left. I like it so I will return. Simple.

PicMas
23rd Jan 2006, 11:40
My old MET teacher told me:

"If God intended women to fly, the sky would be pink"

GunDog
23rd Jan 2006, 12:49
CFG,
Sour grapes, not even close. I was asked to post by someone there to help others considering going to make sure they make a better evaluation, and that they definitely visit and hammer out all the little details where the company notoriously takes advanatge. I could care less about that place. Glad I went, it made me appreciate what I have at home. Had they treated me even a bit better, I might have stayed. You need to be there six months or more and living like the other crews before you have any real perspective. You haven't been through enough iterations of anything there to know how you will really be treated. Glad you're enjoying it... now, watch your a$$.

insert_name
14th Mar 2006, 19:25
The Twin Otter is still not flying!
The EMB-120 is not flying!
same old story hey!
I cant believe they are still operating :confused: :confused:

ContractFlyGal
15th Mar 2006, 12:36
The twin otter IS flyining..it is in Ft Lauderdale right now. The EMB starts flying on Monday....

B Sousa
16th Mar 2006, 23:01
Not the Twatter at FXE is it??

Aviate378
19th Mar 2006, 09:17
Why don't we concentrate on the most important thing? :confused:
When I got the job with InterIsland Airways (as it was called 1994), I didn't do it for sunny beaches or fancy hotel. I went there to gain plenty of multi engine flight hours in minimum amount of time. And that's exactly what I got. Those 2 years at TCI were maybe not the easiest of my life, but they opened the doors for my future.
-
Best regards:
Aviate

ContractFlyGal
29th Mar 2006, 18:02
I have been there 3 times now doing contract training for them. Each time I was either in an apartment or at the Comfort Suites or Ocean Club East. I was never housed in a "dump". I was paid promptly. I have no complaints. The twin otter is back in Provo and to the best of my knowledge it is flying. The EMB is ready to go and merely waiting for proving runs and IOE's. The flight attendants have been trained and graduated.

outboundjetsetter
5th Apr 2006, 13:13
i have have worked for their main competition before and certainly dont wont to bag them on the grounds of that!, infact i became good friends and even flatted with some of their crew, but... was amazed at how badly they treated their staff
If u want to go somewhere to fork out big bucks for the 1st 3-4 months just to fly a friggin islander , then get told to go ahead and fly it overweight with no alternate, to somewhere when a cat 4 cyclone is overhead! u must be keen and have balls of steel... then again there are still some pilots out there who value there own lives and those of others... enough said i hope!
regards to all in the tci! "beautiful by nature.... miserable by choice"! :)

outbound

Gop Guy
11th Apr 2006, 17:25
How does Sky King compare to Air Turks & Caicos? From the pilot standpoint that is.

outboundjetsetter
12th Apr 2006, 11:48
Moral @ Skyking seems better generally... ( within the pilots), Rostering is a funny game, but u atleast get less call outs and more days off at SkyKing... They dont make newbies pay for a portion of their work permits.. etc etc which make a big difference to someone starting out in a new place.

Gop Guy
12th Apr 2006, 15:16
What are Sky King's minimums and is the FAA Commercial, Multi-IFR the required licence and ratings?

SpeedyG
17th Apr 2006, 01:14
Guys..I've been around here a long time, the sentiment I saw on the thread sums it up..

No Wife No Life No care then its for you!!! Oh and by the way the EMB120 is still parked, try getting an COA see how long that takes em.

Good Hunting

ContractFlyGal
21st Apr 2006, 01:27
They have the Airworthiness Certificate for the EMB...they have had it. Their pilots went to the simulator....that is the reason for the delay. Pilots should be returning on Sunday.

ContractFlyGal
11th May 2006, 16:16
I had been told last month that they had the Airworthiness Certificate. They do not. I apologize.

PCFlyer
28th May 2006, 04:17
Ok, I'm curious ... who's the Chief Pilot?
Is he Australian?

ContractFlyGal
29th May 2006, 03:13
Chief Pilot is from Venezuela...

PCFlyer
29th May 2006, 04:48
Hmm ... ok
Aside from the King Air and soon to be Brasilia, what other aircraft types are operated here? ... Twin Otter and maybe Islander?
What type do they start you on and how long do you stay on it before moving up?
Thanks

ContractFlyGal
29th May 2006, 19:20
They start you one whatever they want. Or whatever you are qualified in. The Brasilia pilots are all typed in the Brasilia and hired off the street in Brazil. One already returned before they even got the thing in the air. No upgrade unless you want to pay for it. You also need to pay your way to Brazil and your hotel plus the training. The guys on the King Air are not being up graded at least right now.

I like the guy that owns this airline but it is just a tad bit not together just yet.

sec 3
30th May 2006, 04:01
It just boils down to how much **** you're able to put up with to advance your career, but as mentioned previously,"cover your ass':E Happy flying

soarer78
1st Jun 2006, 12:59
Firstly the Twin Otter was going to be flying in September, when was it flying?
The Brasilia was meant to be flying the line in November (2005). Is it flying now?
Why are all the local TCI pilots flying for Skyking?????

ContractFlyGal
“it is just a tad bit not together just yet”
WOW is that what you call it. HUH. I would have said they are a complete joke of an airline.

PCFlyer
Please do yourself and every other pilot a favour and don’t go there and Wh:mad: e yourself out.
Have you not read the rest of the thread??? :ugh:
Get them to come to the party with airfares, work permit and a decent salary or DONT GO. But if you do go to fly there remember you will be overloaded and operating against the MEL.
Be smart.

ROI1900D
1st Jun 2006, 16:59
What's the name of new Chief Pilot??
Is it Jorge????
Thanks

AAIGUY
10th Jun 2006, 07:58
Once upon a time I went to the T&C to fly for Interisland. When I arrived, everything he promised (Lyndon g) was not honoured. I chose to leave on day 3 and was offered a job with Turks and Caicos Air. I worked there for near 5 months paid ontime, days off and all the work permit/licensing was paid by them.

I wouldn't trust Lyndon not to steal the popes wallet.

I believe the CP there now is Hugo M. He was my CP years ago and he is (was?) a stand up guy. I would trust Hugo with my wallet.

Skyking is (was) the best job on the island. Go there.

ContractFlyGal
10th Jun 2006, 22:10
Hugo is the Dir of Ops, the chief pilot is a guy named Peter. While I did the initial f/a training for them I had another contract come up and right now am not available to go back for proving runs and IOE's. I have presented the documents for an IOE F/A instructor to Lyndon...am waiting for her approval. She will go on contract through Global Crew Leasing for 10 days only. The way to work in T & C is to go on contract with everything handled up front. The AIDS test is not required if you are on contract from the USA and not on an Air T&C contract.

The EMB mechanic that was there when the plane came has returned to Brazil. The Chief EMB pilot that was there has also returned to Brazil. Air T & C had lots of posts on Climbto350.....

I would go back, but ONLY with the terms in writing.

flyinggromit
13th Jun 2006, 14:14
Peter S. one of the aussies brothers?

wouldulikefrieswiththat
16th Jun 2006, 03:35
flyinggromit ...
I believe so

aviator72
19th Jun 2006, 22:45
From reading your comments I am convinced that you are very close to the GM Debby A. or this is her. There is no way you can have all those positive things to say about a company like AT&C. IF you took the time out to ask any of he staff that has been there over a month you would have had a different opinion.

That place is not for human beings to work because Management (Lyndon G. and Debby A.) they are :mad: . You will not be paid according to the Local Labour Laws, there are no working hours you work when they want you to and for how long they want you to.

I can keep goin but you probably already know......

ContractFlyGal
19th Jun 2006, 23:07
I am not Debby. I am a contract flight attendant instructor and corporate flight attendant. I know about the labor laws and what is going on. Having people work 6 days a week for $1200 a month is horrible. Putting 6 people in a 2 bedroom apartment sucks.

This did not happen to me. I had Comfort Suites, and worked my own hours. However, had I gone on a Air TC contract it would not have been that way.

AAIGUY
22nd Jun 2006, 19:59
WOW.. Debby is still there.

I thought she would have ditched Lydon's loser A*SS a long time ago.
I liked Debby. I found her, how should I put this..reasonable.

capt-Purple
22nd Jun 2006, 20:34
WOW.. Debby is still there.
I thought she would have ditched Lydon's loser A*SS a long time ago.
I liked Debby. I found her, how should I put this..reasonable.

No need for personal attacks lyndon is a nice guy,the problem with AT&C and Sky-king is that none of their managment personal have any real airlines experience other then what they haved picked up along the way,going back and fort to Grand Turk, which is not much, when experience airline personal do show up there to work they get treated like kids,underpaid and end up pissing off within months,I have always wished them the best and I am very proud of what he (Lyndon) has accomplished over the years.....

ContractFlyGal
22nd Jun 2006, 23:41
I also like Lyndon, I have no personal complaints against him. He has always been fair with me. He seems to have a new GM, maybe this will get things up and running.

AAIGUY
23rd Jun 2006, 20:01
Lyndon is a crook. Plane and simple.

Roger Murphy (who was with SkyKing) is a highly experienced airline professional.

There are good people there. Lyndon is not one of them.

capt-Purple
24th Jun 2006, 09:54
Lyndon is a crook. Plane and simple.
Roger Murphy (who was with SkyKing) is a highly experienced airline professional.
There are good people there. Lyndon is not one of them.

Yes I agree Roger. M was an experience guy,and a great guy, actually the best guy there, but he was not in a position to call the shots, Skyking knew he had the experience so they had him running around doing small jobs like head of the ticket agents...he should have been the general manager there not the do boy....

Lyndon never crook me out of anything.:=

tracon
21st Jul 2006, 23:02
Hi A&T crew. I got I question from chief pilot Mendez when I could come and work for A&T(he asked me in June). But I havent got any answer back from my mail. Does anyone know if A&T needs pilots now or not?

blu skies.

CW

AAIGUY
22nd Jul 2006, 05:57
Hi A&T crew. I got I question from chief pilot Mendez when I could come and work for A&T(he asked me in June). But I havent got any answer back from my mail. Does anyone know if A&T needs pilots now or not?

blu skies.

CW

Hugo Mendez is a great guy. I am not sure how much power he controls.. I suspect very little. Lydnon likely found someone there to replace the candidate Hugo picked..

BountyKilla123
22nd Jul 2006, 20:56
BN2A Islander Captain/DHC6 Twin Otter First Officer - turks & Caicos Islands (http://www.climbto350.com/job_search.cfm?jobID=26159) Air turks & Caicos BN2A Islander Captain/DHC6 Twin Otter First Officer - turks & Caicos Islands BN2A Islander Captain/DHC6 Twin Otter First Officer. Minimum 750 hours multi PIC.

Saw that on climbto350

SpeedyG
28th Jul 2006, 12:14
Hey if you really want to come here try contacting Ambergis Cay.. they are buying another BNII so 2 of those and a Caravan..Good Luck

insert_name
10th Oct 2006, 09:33
So is the EMB flying at air jerks and chaos yet??
Have any of the conditions improved there or is that a silly question??
:}

Ozgrade3
11th Oct 2006, 13:24
I cant get into FL350, what are their minimums, whats the hiring scene like in the Turks and Caicos Islands. I have an Australian Licence, would I have to convert to FAA, and what abut work visa.

Any info would be appreciated.

AAIGUY
21st Oct 2006, 00:32
I cant get into FL350, what are their minimums, whats the hiring scene like in the Turks and Caicos Islands. I have an Australian Licence, would I have to convert to FAA, and what abut work visa.
Any info would be appreciated.

Are you not reading the above.. he doesn't pay..he will screw you over..he LOVES naive folks that think everyone else is wrong...Dude DO NOT BOTHER.
He will NOT get you a Work permit (it costs $$), license doesn't matter because for the most part the aircraft are not really airworthy..The place is a joke..they just churn thru pilots at about 1 every 6 weeks (it takes that long to realize you won't be paid.)

I watched it for a long time at another Turks company that did pay.

ContractFlyGal
22nd Oct 2006, 17:32
He does pay and he pays on time...I do not know one person there who has not been paid. For me LG is absolutely the best, I would rather work for him in the Turks than most other outfits that I do contract work for.

AAIGUY
23rd Oct 2006, 14:59
This did not happen to me. I had Comfort Suites, and worked my own hours. However, had I gone on a Air TC contract it would not have been that way.

From the horse's mouth.. it didn't happen to you as an outside contractor, but believe you me, I saw many a pilot screwed over by him when I was working in the T and C.

ContractFlyGal
23rd Oct 2006, 21:54
I returned to Provo after that quoted post. I was still paid, I was not an outside contractor. I still stayed at the Comfort Suites and he still paid. For me, this was a great opportunity. Slow there right now but I go back again in the high season.

sec 3
8th Nov 2006, 05:44
Hey contract gal, no reading Playboy in the cockpit:} or is it when you're in the back slinging drinks and peanuts:E

insert_name
29th Dec 2006, 23:32
So is the EMB up and running yet???
Why is Contract fly Gal treated to different to every one else:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ContractFlyGal
1st Jan 2007, 18:32
Why am I treated differently in Provo? I didn't know I was. Of all the times I have been there I have yet to have someone complain to me. As far as ANYone wearing a skirt! Funny, to me Lyndon is like a son, I am pushing 60 and would hardly be anything other than a responsible and reliable contract employee. I have ALWAYS been paid on time, I never complain, I get the job done and I thank him for the opportunity. Plus, I am always invited back. For me personally this is one of the BEST places to work. It is always fun and always a place I want to return to.

I will stand by Lyndon and Air Turks and Caicos. I would cancel any other contract if he called and needed me to come back. Maybe being the flight attendant instructor vs. a cockpit member is an entirely different ball game...but for me it is one of the best opportunities and I would be on a flight in an hour to return if he called.

insert_name
18th Apr 2007, 12:34
ContractFlyGal was it you that SXGuerra mentioned in their post? I Can’t say im surprised if its true that Air T & C didn’t pay one of their crew.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266139

ContractFlyGal
18th Apr 2007, 20:45
No, that is not me that is mentioned in the post by SXGuerra. It is Luz, a flight attendant from Paraguay. I am not sure but believe that Luz took an emergency leave to take care of her mother. She was to return to the Turks in November, LG did not have her return. I really don't know anything about the money thing. All I know is that when she contacted LG to advise that her mother was better, he did not make any arrangements for her to return. She had not completed her contract, so am merely guessing that he owes on the contract and maybe vacation pay.

ETIHAD
28th Apr 2007, 09:45
Anyone know what happend to CP Capt. Paul Tomas and Capt Cave at former TCNA? era 1990-1993
:)

Freo
3rd May 2007, 14:52
Capt. Paul Thomas is now with TCI Civil Aviation Department.

AAIGUY
9th May 2007, 17:11
Ahhh .. the fox is guarding the chicken coop..!!

nano404
21st May 2007, 01:38
On the real, Lyndon is a nice guy but the airline is junk, but they run a first class FBO.(R.I.P. Donnie Gardiner, died earlier this year flying air turks and caicos,VQ-TIU)Skyking has the better airline and have a new FBO, but things are moving slow for them. insert_name:Crime being a problem... a crime-free country is pretty hard to develop without a strong dictatorship. Relatively low crime. Relatively...And as for high gas prices... why worry? small islands, you're not travelling 20 miles to get to work.GunDog:All that illegal stuff,speak to the CAA, not sure who is in charge of flight ops at the CAA (provided they have). now if you had a complaint about the airport itself, I could help get it resolved.Yeah, Paul Thomas is on the better side of the CAA/Airports Authority split. CAA is new so its small, I can think of only around 6-7 persons in the CAA at the moment... Didnt know Paul Thomas was a pilot, I know of James Bassett, former SkyKing (Not sure when)

Dollybrown
26th Jul 2007, 09:12
I've just been reading this thread as my partner has been offered a civil engineering job on Provo. Part of the decision to move to the Islands is whether or not I can get a job. I'd love to lie on the beach all day but he won't let me. I'm senior cabin crew working for a business class airline in the Uk. So, can anyone tell me what it is like for cabin crew at air T&C? And if it is that bad, please advise of better options. I really don't know that much about companies in this area.

Many thanks :ok:

true_Gardiner
17th Dec 2007, 23:34
dont diss the gardiner fam the only loser in this situation is ur punk ass du YOU own an airline mmm NO so start lookin in mirror before u start dissin man.:=

streamlinetwo
18th Dec 2007, 04:15
Post #4 december 2005 is exactly how this company still operates today.

How do i know this? i recently completed a year there. It is a circus. Guys you really need to think hard before going to this company.

For the year i was there i saw ten pilots leave, mostly due to the way they were treated by Hugo Mendez (director of ops). Three of us left to go to non-flying jobs. I never saw a pilot leave on good terms. Towards the end of my time no pilots gave notice. It was common knowledge that they wouldn't get paid.

At least every two/three days it is assumed that you will fly ilegally. As in...over duty, over weight and pencil whipping of tac logs. This will be expected and you won't be asked. Previously, pilots have got fired for not conforming.

I understand companies cut corners but i have never seen anything like this one in my whole aviation career.

The air hostess who is posting all the fan mail...who are you! have never heard of you. Yes, this does sound like Debbie.

As for those asking about SkyKing...only ever heard good things....but once you commit to Turks they won't entertain you.

As for the island...this is not the Caribbean...but i guess you can't blame that on Air Turks!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate. I wish i would of had this insight.

JohnnyK
18th Dec 2007, 19:11
Yep. I had 2 friends who made the mistake of trying to work for this outfit and all the bad press here is true. The outfit are thieves and crooks ripping off guys coming over in good faith.Imbeciles trying to do a competent persons job.True Gardiner. Your actually a gardener. Learn to spell child.

islandsurvivor
23rd Jan 2008, 14:10
I've been there for 10 months...and I can say is that the company is a messy! There's no flight schedule, they call you the night before to tell you if you are working or off the next day! :eek: They don't pay allonces when you are working and there are no meal for the crew inside the airplane...you start at 7:00 am and fly until 15:00 pm without eating!! If you want to eat, you have the pay for it and fight for it...because they don't want you to stop to go to the airport restaurant to have lunch! that's unbeliveble...they have intentions to be a airline flying jet's..but they keep thinking like a airtaxi...and dealing with pilots like junior pilots that accepts any kind of job and conditions!:D that's the reason the are always loosing pilots...they go there fly for few months and leave...and they don't wanna see it! I like to call provo "lost!" , like the "lost" series at the TV..probably is another world there...you can't belive! :)

Bye!

nano404
27th Jan 2008, 00:23
I like to call provo "lost!" , like the "lost" series at the TV..probably is another world there...you can't belive!

Ehh? provo is fine, great actually.

islandsurvivor
7th Feb 2008, 14:23
Yes, PROVO is great if you have a lot of money and is on vacations! Not for living! There's no social life. Beaches are beautifull...that's all! haha

IFLy4Free
25th Feb 2008, 04:20
Nothing wrong with Provo or with Air TC - isn't all what you make of it? If you read that the company sucks then you will believe it...if you just go and do your job and try to work with the company....well everything could be all peachy keen!

SpeedyG
26th Feb 2008, 00:49
"..Could.." is the operative word. :=

streamlinetwo
29th Mar 2008, 17:36
This is for IFLY4FREE, your user name could give us an indication as to what type of pilot you are, as for the peachy keen remark I think most professional pilots who are asked to fudge paper work, over load there aircraft and fly illegal aircraft on a daily basis, which is the case with Air Turks & Caicos would not find this peachy keen!

As a time builder or experience pilot we all deserve better, you need to stay clear of this company

Freo
2nd Apr 2008, 23:13
Talking about overloaded aircraft.... The Brasilia tipped on it's tail a few days ago in Port Au Prince with crew and pax on board. Looked just like a DC-3! :ok:

PiratePilot
5th Apr 2008, 16:46
Well only been here a few months,,,,love this island,,,,great roads,,,good electricity,,,,

Working for the local airlines, I am having a ball! No, I am not a time builder, those guys are lucky to get a break at 1000hrs to do this,,,,granted they won't build a lot of time fast. But twin turbine multi,,,gees,,,,lucky,,,

Go down the chain and fly,,,like St.Croix, you fly ur butt off for less pay! (80-90hrs) and the ratio of women on that island is 7 to 1 in favor of the women. Now that sucks. The roads suck, electricity barely works, major crime, a shooting a night,,that is on both major islands. I was mugged twice and vehicle stolen once.

I am always amazed at the mainlanders that come and whine. So typical, go overseas as I did in the Balkans. Then you will have a real appreciation. 70% unemployment rate over there where I was; mainlanders are spoiled and materialistic and have lost site of what is real. Just look at the obesity gees,,,,

True, Island life is not for everyone, guess being an Military Brat and moving all my life every 1 to 3 years made me more adaptable.

Island life is what you make of it. If your young, going to be tough, but gees come on,,,,,clean air, no traffic and a medicinal ocean to soak in and the heating bills ha ha ha ha ha

Mainlanders have and don't do the KISS system.

You guys,,,build ur time get with the majors,,,,have three wives and then look back. Oh you say ya right,,,,Pilots have AIDS or didn't you know?!!!

If ur a pilot an reading this and don't know what AIDS relative to our career. Oh well,,,,

Enough said.

IFLy4Free
18th Apr 2008, 13:59
Streamline...where does it say I am a pilot?

latecoere240
9th Jun 2016, 12:16
Guys,

Any news about working conditions for Intercaribbean airways (former air Turks & Caicos)?

caralhoalado
13th Jul 2016, 00:59
Guys,

Any news about working conditions for Intercaribbean airways (former air Turks & Caicos)?

I am sorry to tell you that Intercaribbean is worst than AirTc.

caralhoalado
13th Jul 2016, 01:21
Good evening all!
If you have plans to come to Turks and Caicos and fly for Intercaribbean, just forget about it. There are amazing airlines, good airlines, regular airlines, bad airlines, terrible airlines, **** airlines and there is Intercaribbean, that is something hard to call as an airline. If you want to put yourself in a situation where you have no control about your life and about your future, come to Turks and Caicos.
If you are a low time pilot and want to bild hours, be advised that every hour you make here will play against you in the real world because they don't have CRM, SOP, or any basic thing you will find in other airlines so don't think you will learn something here because you will not.
If you are a pilot with a lot of hours, don't think about waisting your time coming here because you will be upset about everything, even with the basic things an airline should do because they don't have even the basic to be called as an airline.
Well, just don't come.

caralhoalado
18th Jul 2016, 03:02
Can you tell more about this company ? I heard eagle jet is taking money from pilots and sending them there to this company ... one guy from Israel said they treat pilots like slaves!! is it true?

There are 5 Eagle Jet pilots there and I feel sorry for them because they pay to fly the E120 and the company keeps pushing them to fly the twin otter and also they spend a lot of money to live in Turks and Caicos.
About pilots been treated like slaves, that's true.
If you read the posts from 2005, 2006, 2007..., you will see pilots saying only bad things about the company and if they don't convince you about not going there, you should try and find out by yourself. I hope you don't do it.

johnjohncafe
19th Jul 2016, 18:36
Hi,
Do you guys know other decent airlines Eagle Jet is working with in the Caribbeans or elsewhere for Non U.S Citizens ?
Thanks.

caralhoalado
23rd Jul 2016, 12:56
Well, decent airlines don't take money from pilots, they pay pilots. If an airline accepets money to have pilots "working" there, trust me, it's not a decent airline.

Hi,
Do you guys know other decent airlines Eagle Jet is working with in the Caribbeans or elsewhere for Non U.S Citizens ?
Thanks.

johnjohncafe
27th Jul 2016, 21:53
You're totally right...this industry is getting way too greedy...

Low hours pilots are having hard times to get the experience they need to become interesting for airlines and airlines' insurance.

Well, decent airlines don't take money from pilots, they pay pilots. If an airline accepets money to have pilots "working" there, trust me, it's not a decent airline.

caralhoalado
30th Jul 2016, 01:26
It's sad and terrible "airlines" are using this to turn low experience pilots into slaves.
Well, even knowing that low experience pilots are having a hard time to find jobs, my advice is, don't go to INTERCARIBBEAN!

You're totally right...this industry is getting way too greedy...

Low hours pilots are having hard times to get the experience they need to become interesting for airlines and airlines' insurance.

flyboy217
6th Mar 2017, 13:45
Hi all,

Do these guys still fly the twotters?

Any eaglejet pilots with the company? Looking at multi turbine options. Previous posts suggest its not a pleasent outfit.

Currently working as senior exec outside aviation. Early 30s - Getting long in the tooth. Forced to bug out of aviation due family reasons at the time a few years ago. Keen to get back on the horse so to speak.

Some Multi turbine time is what most of the operators in my home country are looking for.

Appreciate your responses.

Cheers

Didacts and Narpets
12th Mar 2017, 21:35
Ok flyboy, here's one; first-ATC has been gone for years. It's now called Intercaribbean and has been for years. If you want to be taken seriously you should know the company you are asking about. It shows lack of research and true interest. If you are asking about how to pay for a job please just go away or stay in your own country with plenty of people who will take your money. Eagejets is a pay for your job company and only losers have to do that. Plenty of jobs in Oz but you are asking about an airline no longer around, on the other side of the world, that uses people that are willing to pay to fly-PATHETIC!

So, I'll tell you this, Intercaribbean is terrible and broke. They owe a lot of money and have very corrupt management. Simple to do a Caribbean airline search. There is a large forum about most Caribbean airlines but I know you must know that.

Didacts and Narpets
12th Mar 2017, 21:44
? CRANe: Caribbean Regional Aviation Network :: Welcome, everyone!! ? (http://www.craneforum.org/index.php)

CRANe Weekly Digest #264 - 12 March, 2017 (http://www.craneforum.org/digest/264-20170312.htm)

Here ya go

flyboy217
3rd May 2017, 14:08
Hi mate,

Maybe hard to believe but i understand your frustrations. Nevertheless im thankful that you provided the links and appreciate you taking out the time to do so.
I haven't committed to anything mate. Just researching and assessing all options. One of which you've helped me cross off. Thanks for your help. All the best to you.

Ramjet555
5th Mar 2018, 05:27
Can anyone provide an update on Caicos Express
training, conditions schedule etc?

Saint Jack
20th Mar 2018, 06:52
With reference to Didacts and Narpets' Post #88, does anyone know if CRANE is still active? I've tried to register but received no response. Alternatively, is/are there similar bulletin boards for aviation professionals in the Caribbean, Central (Latin) America and the northern countries of South America? Many thanks.

Didacts and Narpets
25th Mar 2018, 16:02
Every month.

Saint Jack
26th Mar 2018, 08:39
Many thanks Didacts and Narpets, no matter what I do my registration is not accepted due to "missing information." I've tried sending a message to Jim Lynch via the website but I hit "send" it also tells me that the message is "missing information." Can anyone help?

Battle Star Galatica
2nd Jun 2018, 03:05
Stay away from that place!!! in the current scenario you dont need these pay to fly leeche operations .. you would get an opening without them