PDA

View Full Version : top pilot seeking work

Ekiam
24th Nov 2005, 19:32
Hello there,
I have a friend who will be getting his South African CPL and multi engine rating in feb next year (probably even his instructor rating). He is a very talented pilot and crazy about flying. I was wondering, if anybody has any suggestions/recommendations for jobs either down there or anywhere in the world. He is especially interested in bush flying.
Any shared ideas, thoughts will be very much appreciated.
Cheers everyone...
:ok:

A320rider
24th Nov 2005, 20:10
you talk about yourself?

Ekiam
24th Nov 2005, 20:28
No, I am not THAT full of myself.
But I probably would have thought the same thing. Sorry, for the confusion. No, I actually am talking about a friend. Why? Do you have any info that might be helpful? ;)

Caudillo
24th Nov 2005, 20:47
Do you have any info that might be helpful?

Oh dear me...

Deano777
24th Nov 2005, 21:40
If he is as good as you make him out to be I'm sure he would have found employment by now :} :E

JetABro
24th Nov 2005, 21:47
I think the question was "any info that might be helpful", not "lets hear from a couple of anoying morons"

Yeah mate. Tell him to go to Northern Australia. If he works hard enough something will turn up. If he gets there by late Feb early March (end of the wet) he should be right. But he will need to get his licence converted asap.
Or else go to Botswanan, they have a lot of entry level stuff I hear.

If he wants to bush fly I wouldn't worry about an instuctor rating. Tell him to save his money for maybe a floot or tail wheel rating. Thats just my thoughts, good luck to him. Oh yeah bushs don't usually need IFR's till later on, that was my experience anyway.:ok:

25th Nov 2005, 08:04
You'd do better posting on the African Forum.

Not much posted here regarding what your friend might be after.

Ekiam
25th Nov 2005, 11:09
Thank you JetABro and 5150. Was getting a bit annoyed with all those rude replies. I will forward the information and see what happens. But thank you so much. It's great to know that not everyone is so selfish out there... ;)
And, by the way, I told him the same thing about the instructor rating.
Cheers guys!