PDA

View Full Version : Cancun

jur99llk
23rd Nov 2005, 20:29
Hi everyone,

I´m just wondering when airlines will re-start flights to Cancun.
My airline cancelled all flights to Cancun after the hurricane, but flight deck and cabin crew have been rostered this destination again in mid december...... though I know that if the situation is still bad in Cancun, flights will not re-start in mid december.

who has more info about this destination???

thanks

maija
29th Nov 2005, 15:50
Hello!
I just came back from Cancun, where I stayed one week. Hotels there are being rebuilt but there are already some opened.

We stayed at Hotel Rius Palace, together with some other crews -Eurofly, Corsair and LaudaAir (the Italian one, not the German)-. I think there were more crews, but didn't recognize them.

The city is being cleaned, hotels and shops rebuilt but u can enjoy the nice weatehr and the hospitality of the people, who are really pleased to have you there (=money again!).

I don't know what kind of information you need, do not hesitate to ask.

best regards

RoyHudd
29th Nov 2005, 16:52
Good to hear CUN is back on the map. Nice people, and an all-round great place. Just be careful with credit cards...

london wasp
29th Nov 2005, 22:06
Glad to hear things are slowly picking up out there again. I was stuck out there during the hurricaine with my crew and having seen the extent of the damage directly after the storm, I honestly didn't think they would be up and running again so soon!!

Seeshell
3rd Dec 2005, 17:31
Hi I found out some information about Cancun. The Mayan Rivera is in full function. The flights to Cancun from Canada are up and running. The problem with the resorts in Cancun is they are closed.

For example the Oasis Cancun, is closed. Most resorts on the beach side are missing windows, and there is NO beach. We all no how the mexicans work, so fixing windows are taking longer than expected.

Most travellers who had made reservations, have switched into the Mayan or else changed dates.

Maybe this is a great time for us Non Rev's to get on a flight for some sun poolside!!!