PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in India

proflyer9
23rd Nov 2005, 19:07
Hi there everyone....

Got a comm (which is going to lapse soon) with multi and IF. Unfortunately only 252 hrs. Was wondering if these hours are truly enough to get a job in the booming aviation scene over there. And of course Im a proud holder of an Indian passport.

How long will the process take for the conversion to an indian one?? And also, should i come back home with more experience????? please advise .....in detail guys....!!!!!!!! As im trying my last bit in africa....

Having a beer at the moment.....

cheers!!!!!!!

proflyer

BlueEagle
23rd Nov 2005, 22:34
Have a browse through this lot! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=2384762&sortby=&sortorder=) , you could just find what you are looking for, it has all been posted before. (You may have to put your beer down for a few minutes!;) )

proflyer9
26th Nov 2005, 10:40
Jeez Blue....\\

Its a lot to read ....will end up reading the whole lot and by that time my chance at getting into the market will be too late....;)

Anyway thanks a lot.... but hope u could give me some specific details with regards to my earlier queries? also, do we have to cough up the amount for our ratings on the aircrafts????

cheers:ok:

masalama
26th Nov 2005, 18:25
proflyer...
you do need to get your foreign license converted to the Indian one bfor any of the airlines will even look at your resume ....
that could take anywhere from 3-6 months depending on your performance in conversion papers and your R/T conversion....

Now, is 250 hrs enough?? Yes and no. Having approx. 2500 and ATPL would be great but otherwise ...with the way airlines have ordered A/C the need for pilots is bound to increase....

Paying for rating is still happening though some of them take a bank gaurantee....u'll need to talk to them yourself....
finally, the decision is entirely yours but I would come over and convert my license if I was in your position...
hope it helps....

proflyer9
27th Nov 2005, 16:19
Thanks masalama....

will be coming there soon.... But does it really take 3-6 months??? i mean i can do the subjects asap...but what about the bureaucracy..(gosh forgot how that spells...ha)

dunno if i can pay 10000 US for a rating tho....but lets see..

cheers:}