PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways A340-600 - routes?

akerosid
23rd Nov 2005, 17:04
Qatar Airways first two A340-600s should be delivered within the next few weeks; LN 715 is now complete and No. 740 is the second one.

However, I was just wondering where these aircraft will be flown; looking at the QR website today, LHR is still showing 333s.

Is it intended to fly this aircraft to LHR (or anywhere in the UK); any other routes proposed, or will they just be used on the proposed US flights?

A300Man-2005
24th Nov 2005, 03:57
First few weeks of operation will see the aircraft being used on Dubai and Manila routes for some reason (I am led to believe).

However, I am also led to believe that the first aircraft won't actually arrive until around March 2006, and will eventually be deployed on London and US Routes, but temporarily on London routes. It will also be used on new services from Doha to Australia, which will be announced before the end of this year. (Melbourne launch was already announced but deferred).

When it will actually head to the US is anyone's guess. There are photographs of the first aircraft in production and under testing at Toulouse on a certain other famous website, for anyone interested.

Qatari515
24th Nov 2005, 09:42
March would allready be very soon I would think. No Cockpit crew or Cabin crew has been trained so far, nobody has been selected untill now.

No fleet office is in place ( yes, it is going to be a seperate fleet appart from the A330), no fleet management has been appointed, no performance studies have been done and/or made public etc etc...

So without an office, without the instructors, without pilots nor CCM I do not see how this airplane would be flying by March, let alone by Jan. I think from the QR point of view we will be lucky to see that aircraft operational by june 2006.

Besides that, Doha Airport is not ready for the -600s is what I have heard. There is no rwy entry point on RWY 34 that can accomodate the A340-600 because of the length of the aircraft vs turning radius. The EK A340-500 is about the longest aircraft able to make that turn...To be confirmed but a very strong grapevine rumour....

wirebyfly
28th Nov 2005, 10:59
Where do the crews get trained? France or In house?

salamalikum2
29th Nov 2005, 02:39
Before even knowning where this aircraft is gone fly, i just wonder where this aircraft is gone be parked...!