PDA

View Full Version : AirParadise closes down

SOPS
23rd Nov 2005, 14:12
:( Was sorry to read that Air Paradise was forced to cease operations today, due to fall in numbers of people visiting Bali since latest bombings.
Best wishes to all those involved.

TIMMEEEE
23rd Nov 2005, 20:51
Shame it went under but rumour has it that they were aware some weeks ago that this would happen.

I just wonder if they sold tickets knowing that they were going to cease operations - it just doesnt happen overnight.

God help those involved though because Korda-Mentha are the designated "Corporate recovery agents".

SOPS
24th Nov 2005, 19:56
KOrda is involved??? Oh dear

Tankengine
25th Nov 2005, 08:49
None of the usual QF kickers mentioning that QANTAS [yet again!] is carrying pax back to Australia on a standby basis for zip!:ok:

relax737
26th Nov 2005, 23:59
Tank Engine I'm not a QF kicker although I think many of their pilots are up themselves w**kers.

However, I can find the decency to thank QF for their generosity in assisting holiday makers stranded in Bali to get home.

Well done QF!!!

Likewise, Korda involved??? God help anybody involved.

Chris Higgins
27th Nov 2005, 02:30
relax 737

I know quite a few QF crew and they all seem fine to me...pretty much the same as at any other airline. I don't know where you're coming from with that kind of view of the world.

Jetsbest
27th Nov 2005, 04:57
While QF has found the capacity to help (with, it should be noted, favourable media coverage ), I'm also led to believe that QF will also recoup most of the expenses incurred through the travel insurance of the displaced passengers... Still, good business I guess.

Capt Claret
27th Nov 2005, 08:17
Well I reckon QF should tell all the stranded pax to go whistle Dixie!

'Cause they're buggered what ever they do. If they help, then they're just doing it for the publicity or money, if they don't the're uncaring. :ugh:

Chris Higgins
27th Nov 2005, 14:20
Ah..yes, the tall poppy syndrome is still alive and well in the land of Oz!

Why don't we all just admit QF is still a great airline and get over it!

relax737
27th Nov 2005, 21:24
Mr Higgins, I agree, QF is still agreat airline.

I also say that there are a disproportionate number of w**ker pilots who inhabit QF. Simply there are a greater number of QF pilots who are up themselves than you would find in other airlines.

Some will disagree, some will agree. It's a personal observation, noted from personal contact with those pilots, and one with which you don't have to concur.

I read in a newspaper that since most tickets were 'special fare, non refun dable' there will be no travel insurance coverage. That point was also made by an IATA representative on the Today show the day they went under. So it would appear that QF can't recover any loot from the insurance companies, or perhaps very little.

Beer Can Dreaming
27th Nov 2005, 22:29
Good on QF for coming to the rescue.
After all, they are under no obligation to do so.

I remember being stranded in HK with an Ansett ticket in Sept 2001 and CX wouldnt have a bar - it was QF to the rescue.
As a result I will always prefer to book with QF because they helped me when I really needed it.
These people in Bali I believe will never forget the hand that helped them also.
A bit like the old fable about the boy removing the thorn from the lions paw.

Sure, each airline has wankers and with over 2600 pilots that number will be higher.Its a statistical fact.
From my personal experience with QF pilots most of the tossers were the old guard that will hopefully retire in the near future.

From what I've seen that abusive mentality is not evident in the "new guard" of QF captains that certainly dont want that cycle of abuse to be repeated.

IMHO a good airline does.........a great airline helps.

SOPS
28th Nov 2005, 01:00
and I have to say.... well done Qantas for flying people home. Lets leave other thingds behind here, they have done the right thing, and flown Aussies home.

relax737
28th Nov 2005, 01:23
Beer Can Dreaming, a very good point, and one which I intended to make but didn't.

Most of the w**kers are old guard, and can't go soon enough in the opinion of many of the more recent, i.e., last 15 years or so recruits

king oath
28th Nov 2005, 05:48
I saw one yobbo on tv news whinging about the inconvenience.
" Why didn't Qantas contact us earlier " he said.

Like hello! Its QFs fault now, and despite getting him home he's going to bag QF.

Typical whingeing yob. Its always someones fault. How dare he be inconvenienced after buying the lowest discount fare he could find.

They are out there adding to the gene pool. God help the future.

OZcabincrew
29th Nov 2005, 18:26
tell me about it! there was some bogan on the news whinging about how long it took QF to get there and get them out! Get over yourself, it's not a free service that the government provides during disasters like this. QF get off their own backsides and get out there to help Aussies. Yes it's great publicity, but hey, it's there for the taking, i don't see any other airline going for it. Good on QF for taking advantage of a good oportunity!

Also about the QF pilots who are up themself w*****s, believe it or not, these pilots are also like this to work with be it tech crew or cabin crew. yes a lot of them are the old crusties, but there are also some little upstarts in the flight deck with attitudes aswell! Remember, if you find it necessary to be rude and an absolute a******e to the cabin crew, they're the ones who get to prepare your food and drinks etc, so i would be treading carefully as you wouldn't want them to accidentally "drop" you're dinner and then put it back together. You have no idea what goes on on the other side of the flight deck door.

Oz