PDA

View Full Version : QR again

SoSolar
23rd Nov 2005, 12:24
Hi everyone,

I have just been accepted as a Flight Attendant with Qatar Airways. Never did this job, but am very interested and thought that QR is a fantastic opportunity. OK salary + benefits made it look even better.

After reading the comments on the airline here on pprune.org, feel totally confused and terribly disappointed. :confused:

Warm rgds,

SoSolar

Trentino
23rd Nov 2005, 12:54
SoSolar, my advice, live your own life, this forum is just a guideline. I have met miserable and very happy people doing the very same job. I made mistakes in the past of taking advice based on other peoples experience and I regret it now.
No one can live your life and no one has the experiences you do.
There is a good possibility that you may enjoy the job very much.
You must be careful now. Because you heard mixed reviews you may just go there with a sabotage mindset and truely feel upset.

Middle Seat
23rd Nov 2005, 15:31
Don't let a few discussions here stop you. If nothing else, approach this as gaining experience for a better job further down the road. Approach this job as an opportunity to see places you might otherwise never see. Approach this job as a chance to meet people you might otherwise never meet.

SoSolar
23rd Nov 2005, 21:17
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

EI-CFC
25th Nov 2005, 14:28
Remember that in all walks of life, the disatisfied few will nearly always be louder than the satisfied many...

SoSolar
25th Nov 2005, 20:29
ATT.: EI-CFC

That's a good one - inspires and shifts away from all these talks here :)
Thx!

Has anybody of you ever worked for QR or knows people in person who did/does?

EI-CFC
25th Nov 2005, 23:49
Well I'm glad if it helps - at the end of the day use the good and the bad stories/information you find to make your desicion..don't be swayed by one over the other just because you hear more from one side! Good luck whatever you decide to do!

RaverFlaver
26th Nov 2005, 05:57
A very close friend of mine worked at QR for 2 years. All I will say is that her time there echoed every negative aspect that has already been mentioned before on pprune. I am yet to meet someone who has anyhting nice to say about it.

I currently fly with a girl who used to work there also and her feelings were the same.

RaverFlaver :)

SoSolar
26th Nov 2005, 09:59
Thanx once again, EI-CFC!

Whom do you fly with currently, RaverFlaver? I see your message comes from Melbourne, r u from Australia? One of my friends lives in Melbourne :)

RaverFlaver
26th Nov 2005, 19:13
Yes, I am from Australia :) I fly for Australian Airlines :)

FCOLOVER22
27th Nov 2005, 16:25
hi..i say, make it what you want, live by your own exeriences, though what you hear sometimes makes u more aware of things....in any case i worked for qr 2 years and had good and bad, the problem is actually the management because other than that the airline has potential for being one of the best....maybe if akbar al baker, the ceo, leaves and certain people in the office too like the cabin crew manager! anyway, for sosolar, experience it, if you dont like it you can leave.... have a great time