PDA

View Full Version : Apache Rant

CPG
22nd Nov 2005, 19:59
Just like to start this forum for all you people out their that love to slag the programme off. So go ahead and have a good old rant, maybe its because you were not selected to go on the programme or you have small dicks but i dont really care.
Instead of praising the good hard work being done by most within the programme you chose to pick fault. So crack on if it gives you some enjoyment then feel free. If anyone cares to put something positive it is greatly recieved, and to those who have been positive in the past thanks to you.

Tarnished
22nd Nov 2005, 20:11
Which Apache are we ranting about?

The French dance or the Shadow's tune?

Haven't seen any telly programmes concerning either, so am at a loss

Tarnished

CPG
22nd Nov 2005, 20:16
Hi Tranished not quite what i meant but sure you know that.

owe ver chute
22nd Nov 2005, 20:41
CPG, strange that you would invite people to take cheap shots at the Apache. I assume by your user name, (or should I say you're implying) that you are part of an Apache crew. Hope there's not any Taliban on here, my guess they'll be taking shots soon enough!
Take care out there, it's not a jungle!

Runaway Gun
22nd Nov 2005, 21:22
Your Psych must be rich :p

TechHead
22nd Nov 2005, 21:40
CPG,

Do you find anything positive to say about the Apache programme? I could post a hundred pros and a hundred cons on the whole subject of Apache, but I don't see the point. Admitedly, in all the forums I visit that touch on the Apache Program in the UK, its impossible fo find anyone with anything good to say. That said, the internet is filled with pseudo-'types' who are all to eager to jump on any band wagon. Negative press and photographs of Apaches in 'mothballs' are ten-a-penny on the Web. CPG, go ahead and post your pros on the Apache and I'd be more than happy to discuss/debate.

TechHead.

PS. On a personal note, I wet my pants everytime I see one fly.
<grin>

SilsoeSid
22nd Nov 2005, 21:47
CPG; (Consumer Protection Group?)

Which programme was this?

I know there was one on the National Geographic channel the other day, but took little notice as I thought I had seen it before.

The 'cheap shots' you mention, would they be the Scouts that accompanied the Cavalry and tracked the Apache, enabling the slaughter of thousands of the indiginous peoples of Northern America? I believe they were paid little more than a few dollars, but as much coffee and beans that they could consume.

As for being selected to go on the programme, one of my secondary school teachers once took part in an educational TV programme, but I think it was about the Victorians and not American Indians. As for the size of his dick, well it wasn't that sort of school so I wouldn't know! Personally, I never had to hide myself in the showers after PE!

Could you tell me if there is a similar programme on Sky soon about the Souix as I would like to record it.

Thanks,

:8
SS

pr00ne
22nd Nov 2005, 22:18
CPG

I don't have a small dick.

SilsoeSid
22nd Nov 2005, 22:28
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/brian/guardamu.jpg

Click here (http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/LifeOfBrian/bigusDickus.au)

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/7.gif
SS

ShyTorque
22nd Nov 2005, 23:00
Apache was one of my favourite tracks on my "The Shadow's Greatest Hits" LP and my schooldays girlfriend named her pony after it too. So why would I slag it off?

I didn't know the Shadows had a programme on TV though - I thought they'd retired now. I wouldn't be asked to go on it 'cos I never could do that fancy footwork thing they did whilst playing their guitars.

Or is there another Apache?

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/midi/apache2.mid

http://www.negativland.com/audio/floppy5.mp3

;)

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Nov 2005, 00:10
I had to put a patchee on my jeans because there was a hole in the knee.

Oh and they were Chinese jeans too.

wg13_dummy
23rd Nov 2005, 00:38
Nice Sqn badge though............

http://www.pamelashanteau.com/pics/Black_Panther_tattoo.jpg

(CPG, you do seem an angry young man)

Two's in
23rd Nov 2005, 01:10
Surely you can be selected for the programme and also have a small dick...or is there some mutual exclusivity going on here?

Stitchbitch
23rd Nov 2005, 05:03
I heard they had big Helmets though...:E

Data-Lynx
23rd Nov 2005, 08:19
CPG
Haven't you noticed that PPRuNers have a tilt at all the programmes. We snipe at delay, cost, stupidity, silence and lack of accurate guidance. We speculate to accumulate the often outrageous and almost slanderous snippits of information, without unnecessary personal attacks. Look through the records and I think you will find the treatment of Apache is nothing special. Take your anger out on some research: Harrier gets 591 threads so far with another 237 for SHAR; VC10 - 347; C130 - 336; Chinook - 395; Lynx - 322; Tanker - 299; Apache/AH64 - 236; FSTA - 114.

Of your 236 threads which hark back to May 2000, 51 have Apache in the title and many target the procurement process, aircrew and associated issues. The rest only mention AH in passing. As for an AH capability, a poll in March 2003 acknowledged that the largest proportion of voters said: Yes, lets prove it.

So what is your point? If this it just an attempt to boost the ratings for Apache and beat SHAR, your timing is dreadful. Your colleagues in 9 Regt are preparing to prove AH in Oman in the new year then take it to a difficult and challenging operational theatre. How is this thread helping?

Kiting for Boys
23rd Nov 2005, 13:07
It's the one without the cannon isn't it?

gravity victim
23rd Nov 2005, 13:59
One has just gone overhead (8 miles n of Woodbridge.) Makes a nice change from endless Lynxes...

Low Ball
24th Nov 2005, 06:56
Gravity,

Good news about lots of Lynx (Lynx assumed Queen of the Sky Status as the last Scout landed!). I thought Lynx had a spares/available problem. But only one Apache shame.

LB

Fox-1
24th Nov 2005, 13:56
I have got a tiny dick. Sorry!

Runaway Gun
24th Nov 2005, 15:45
Fox-1. I'm sure it would still feel huge compared to retentive CPG's bot-bot. :p

AHQHI656SQN
24th Nov 2005, 19:16
CPG, A good idea of yours. Seems to have attracted the wrong attention!

Zoom
24th Nov 2005, 19:42
Stitchbitch
All I know is that helmets are a lot smaller now than they were in my day...................shame.

pr00ne
Your wife tells me you're lying.

Kiting
I thought that was the Typhoon.

CPG
24th Nov 2005, 21:24
Yes shame AHQHI656SQN it appears when handed on a plate they all refuse it, never mind just have to wait till the next apache thread appears see what it put down. I know what i would rather fly, lynx was fun but this is better. I love my job.

Safeware
24th Nov 2005, 22:19
Yes shame AHQHI656SQN it appears when handed on a plate they all refuse it, never mind just have to wait till the next apache thread appears see what it put down. I know what i would rather fly, lynx was fun but this is better. I love my job

Ah, the clarity of thought and expression :rolleyes:

sw

Lafyar Cokov
24th Nov 2005, 22:38
The Apache is just ****e right cos everyone knows its rubbash and cant fly or nuffinnk and it easily gets blinded by torches or whatever and my mate Charmain was like soo behind the bike sheds having her muff felt by Jason Bradbury from 5EL when she lit up a B&H and the light from 'er fag blinded the pilots and they like soo had to divert back to their Army base and land and anyway my Mum reckons those Army pilots 'ave really small ones cos Auntie Desree shagged one after a hen night down Manhattens an' he never phoned back and she said he was like the tinyest ever and they can't carry bombs or nuffink and their just rubbash whatever - are you givin' me evils?

Front Seater
25th Nov 2005, 04:34
LC,

Very good and to be honest my thoughts after the initial post, but a bit of platform loyalty prevented me from launching in with some pi$$ taking. Anyway, your attempt was much funnier than anything I could have scribed!

CPG, yep I think I can see where you are coming from - but again I rarely see any vindictive/aggressive PPrune action. 98% in my opionion appears to good old fashioned banter, trying to get a bite etc etc.

Bottom line is that we can all throw stones at each other (Typhoon, MR4,AT fleet, etc etc).....we all have our challenges and frustrations that are easily sniped at.

In the same breath though when actually comes to operating together then all the banter and pi$$ taking is replaced by some very professional advice and guidance. Whether on TLT or in providing briefs from operational Theatres (:ok: thanks guys - very informative and most useful).....our winged bretheren are very supportive.

So CPG, chill mate, take this forum for what it is, enjoy the banter and remain quietly confident that when the occasional mis-informed or malicious posts appear that your aircraft and training will prove them wrong.

We are the new boys on the block and (as per any other capability) it will take proof that it and it's crews can do the job and actually contribute to the Joint arena.

We'll see, in the mean time things to do and people see - but I agree although bl00dy hard work and totally absorbing the job and aircraft is superb.

In summary.....am I bovvered....face...bovvered!

:D

Stitchbitch
25th Nov 2005, 09:08
LC, nice 1!
CPG you're not a bird are you?

Ahh well back to Fluffin* mighty Lynx Driver Helmets...

(* polishing helmets (with visors) NOT that kinda helmet...) ;)