PDA

View Full Version : ATP Night Hours

Jetstream_lover
22nd Nov 2005, 19:43
Hi can anyone tell me exactly what the night hour requirement is for a ATP issue, is it 100 hours total night, 100 hours PIC etc
Cheers people

Beeech19
22nd Nov 2005, 19:57
PART 61

Experience
An applicant for the issuing of an airline transport pilot licence (aeroplane) shall have completed in aeroplanes not less
than 1 500 hours of flight time, of which -
(a) 250 hours shall be as pilot-in-command or not less than 100 hours as pilot-in-command and 150 hours as
co-pilot performing, under the supervision of the pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilot-incommand;
(b) 200 hours shall be cross-country flight time, of which not less than 100 hours shall be as pilot-in-command
or as co-pilot performing, under the supervision of the pilot-in-command, the duties and functions of a pilotin-
command;
(c) 75 hours shall be instrument time, of which not more than 30 hours may be instrument ground time;
(d) 100 hours shall be night flight time as pilot-in-command or as co-pilot; and
(e) not more than 100 hours may be acquired in a simulator.

verreaux eagle
23rd Nov 2005, 08:36
Maybe a stupid question! Is Part 61 implemented? I am under the impression it is not! Then ANR 1976 still apply relevant to this question, and it says different, however do not have it handy now.
Anybody that can help please?:confused:

African Tech Rep
23rd Nov 2005, 08:59
VE - seems your correct.

From the CAA web site
Part 61 is not yet promulgated and not in use. Please refer to the ANR's that are available at training schools. Alternative purchase Volume 1 of the Aviation Legislation in South Africa.

EagleWings
23rd Nov 2005, 12:01
Hi Guys

Yip you guys are correct, Part 61 is not yet in force.

The ANR's say:
ANR 3.5(1)(d)(iii).............................................. .Provided that the pilot actually manipulated the flight controls of an aircraft for not less than 250 hours, at least 100 of which shall include night flight.........................................

I would say that means PIC

Cheers
EW