PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted.

Davifly
22nd Nov 2005, 18:03
Hi everybody!

I just decided to go to South Africa to find some work at a charter company or something that flies. I completed an integrated flying course in Europe last year and have little experience with charter operations on a Chieftain in Europe (30 Hours). My TT is 250 hours. Does anybody has some tips?

Cheers!

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Nov 2005, 18:48
Not much going in SA unless you can get into one of the contract companies but you'll need to stand in line for that. Get yourself out to Maun, Botswana around mid December and start punting in the pubs where the crews hang out.

Do a search on this forum for more gen.

Davifly
23rd Nov 2005, 06:48
Thanks for the advice!:ok:

A question to all the pilots who had or are having the Africa experience:

When you would go this moment, to which country would you go and why?

Thanks!:D

Gouabafla
23rd Nov 2005, 08:30
I'm not a pilot, so I'll tread carefully here;)

The whole idea of 'the Africa experience' is a difficult one. Libya is very different to Nigeria and both are different to DRC. Africa is very big and amazingly diverse, you can make some generalizations but very few.

One thing that is common across Africa is that in almost all fields (including Aviation) there are far more people looking for work than there are jobs to go round. If you don't have something special going for you; vast experience, local knowledge, you've married the recruiting officer's sister, you almost certainly won't be able to just walk into a job. Be prepared to look around and be patient.

Using the PPRUNE search function will turn up lots of good advice.