PDA

View Full Version : Russian Issue - following on from the Caravan Crash

Daifly
22nd Nov 2005, 14:55
It seems that as a result of the Caravan crash at Sheremetyevo last weekend that the Russia CAA has implemented a blanket ban on domestic Russian flights by non-Russian registered aircraft, even with a Navigator on board.

This obviously affects the majority of business jets based in Moscow - and requires the intervention of the principal. We're waiting to find out if this helps and what the plans are.

Might be worth checking now before you end up in the **** with the boss!

H.Finn
24th Nov 2005, 04:46
Any new developements on this one? There might be a trip coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Daifly
24th Nov 2005, 22:08
With the intervention of the Principal (assuming Russian Owner) then it seems to get "resolved".

Not sure about non-Russian owned though - the handling agents seem to be sitting on their hands at the moment.

FINpilot
30th Nov 2005, 19:02
Hello!

Any news yet? How´s this thing going to end up?

What about Aeroflot´s western planes, they are also VP- registration... Are those allowed to fly domestic flights?

Regards FP

FINpilot
3rd Dec 2005, 08:25
Daifly! (or anybody)

Any news update?

FINpilot
7th Dec 2005, 19:45
Hello!

How´s this matter doing in Russia?
Foreign ACFTs still banned in Russian skies?!

Daifly
7th Dec 2005, 20:51
Hi, sorry for no reply, been busy.

To be honest, I'm not sure of the latest situation. We've not had a recurrence of the problem as all of our owners have "solved" the problem directly...

I'd suggest you give RusAero a call - they usually tend to know everything that's going on!

If I find out more, I'll update you.

Daifly