PDA

View Full Version : Any Airlink news?

Ttailed
22nd Nov 2005, 09:06
Hello All,

Just wondering if anybody has any news on the latest happenings at Airlink regarding crew, routes and aircraft.

Is the ATR 42 rumour still afloat?

Regards,

Tt

spacedaddy
22nd Nov 2005, 12:19
Is the un SAA still happening 01 January? Are they just Airlink? What is the new livery like? What is the change in Callsign and flight numbers?

que
23rd Nov 2005, 15:16
Read in the Business Report that SAA and Airlink will stay together till October next year!No new callsign yet still thinking it will be called LNK.
They do have a new website under construction at www.flyairlink.com they have painted a few a/c zs-nrg zs-nrk with Airlink written over the doors the tail has kept the same colors but a little bigger with a bird emblem on.(the one with airlink zimbabwe)

Chow

Ttailed
24th Nov 2005, 05:35
Thanks for the info que, so I take it that the ATR rumour is out the window then?

Tt

Deskjocky
24th Nov 2005, 06:21
SAA will also include Airlink in their new central reservations system due for release next year- its a big investment and clearly indicates that Airlink are going to stay part of the family- at least till december next year- when the SAA board will review the decision (how quickly the mind changes!!). Word has it that the about turn about was due messers F and W not being able to secure a new central reservations system nor any worthwhile alliances in time for the deadline- this put airlink at risk- not surprisingly a deal was struck and everybody is mates again! well till december 06 anyway.

beechbum
24th Nov 2005, 09:06
I don't think ATR's are on the cards. Heard tho' that more jets are coming to Link.....50 seaters so my spies tell me. Wonder which ones?:confused:
So much for painting the aeries in a new scheme, seems like a waste of good cash to me. A little too hasty!!! Oh well we'll just have to paint them again!!!!
Sorry guys no bonus this year it went into the paint tin.:{ :{

slapfaan
24th Nov 2005, 10:38
50 seater jets...mmm..if the "Foster" is half as clever as he's trying to be..he will buy CRJ200's...they're just SOOOOOOO much better than those jungle jets...with NO thrust reversers....

beechbum
24th Nov 2005, 12:20
The CRJ200......ummm. Doesn't it battle with hot and high conditions? I think its the only 50 seater around isn't it?

Goldfish Jack
25th Nov 2005, 05:07
THe boss has options on several Embraers still.

Rumour is that some of these will now be converted to firm orders.....................

One or two of the Jetstreams to be phased out and replaced with jets - something to do with the props going timex.

Maybe they will be turned into Frelon blades!!!!!!!!