PDA

View Full Version : pretty exotic aerries at FAJS 21/11

captain cumulonimbus
21st Nov 2005, 22:57
There were some beauts down in delta apron today...Air China 763,Royal Nepal 752 and what looks like a portugal-registered 763 as well on old 09.Anybody know anything about these flights (departure point/destination/reason fo their visit?).

Was very nice to see Delta even more colourful than usual today.
Cheers,Cb

makeapullup
22nd Nov 2005, 17:41
Also had a brief visit from N675RW (i think) from FACT. Coca Cola company. Left soon after for FYWH.
Saw an Air China on Monday but they were flying Gaberones to somewhere Indian Ocean (either Seycheles or Magagascar - short term memory not good)

captain cumulonimbus
22nd Nov 2005, 20:33
Hey!

Saw the Coke GV too,awesome machine.As i recall,the Air China went off to Harare,heard them getting cleared last night around 6pm.Shame,the pilot sounded VERY confused on 126.7.Harare is nowhere near Beijing!

On another note,seeing as they had a VIP 763 in at Harare last night,could that not have been the immediate cause of today's fuel crisis at Air Zim? It would have lost uncle Bob huge amounts of face to have the VIP delegation stuck in harare with no fuel,so just take what little is left to refuel the guests...

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Nov 2005, 08:02
The Air China 763 was in Tanzania Yesterday, saw the crew checking out of the hotel. Bit heavy on flight deck crew since there were eight Captains/FO's. Not sure exactly what their mission is but almost likely to be a trade and goodwill delegation looking for investment and trade. Will update when more is know.

beechbum
24th Nov 2005, 09:02
The Royal Nepal 752 belongs to the King and Queen of Nepal. Did't know they exsisted:hmm: Anyway looks like they are on a tour of the land aswell making a stop in Kruger later in the week.....so I hear! :ok:

captain cumulonimbus
24th Nov 2005, 19:29
Hey there BEECHBUM,jeez,interesting stuff,its one exotic aerrie that!Very scary looking ugly face thingie painted on the side of the nose too.

In fact,your comment that you didn't know they existed (the King and Queen) was ironically almost true...i recall seeing on BBC a few years ago that their son went loco with an AK in the palace and nearly capped the lot of them!Shame well anyway they should feel at home in GP then:cool:

As an aside to all this,the Air China seemed pretty confused on 121.9 and subsequently 126.7.They had the first ever "Follow Me" van I've ever heard of at FAJS (a Foxtrot Tango vehicle).Then on departure carried on on rwy 03 heading till far out.As i switched to 126.7 i heard them debating the entire routing up to FVHA.GWV was hard for them to pronounce.Shame.

Wonder about their catering too...but lets not bark up that tree;)

makeapullup
25th Nov 2005, 06:41
Anyone take pic of the Virgin Nigeria, 1st flight to JS today?

starliner
25th Nov 2005, 08:58
Portugese 763 was Euro Atlantic ACMI charter for local client