PDA

View Full Version : application for cabin crew for Icelandair

lou0771
21st Nov 2005, 20:27
Hi,

Does anyone know if Icelandair has been recruiting cabin crew now? there is no information on their website.
Is it a necessity to speak icelandic to apply for because i m french and dont speak this language.?

Thanks for the answers

svona
29th Nov 2005, 01:11
I'm afraid you'll have to speak Icelandic in order to fly for Icelandair (along with English, Danish/Swedish or Norwegian and another European language).
Hence vacancies are normally only advertised in Icelandic newspapers, and on their Icelandic-version website www.icelandair.is.
(Think of it this way, do you need to speak french to fly for Air France?!)

To be honest, they have quite a steady crew-base, only taking on seasonal crew for the busy summer schedule.
I presume they'll be recruiting properly again once the 787s arrive in a few years.

Kopeloi
29th Nov 2005, 02:41
Does it need to be Icelandair? There is quite a few operators based there, like JetX with MD80's flying scheduled service.

CitationTen
6th Dec 2005, 01:50
Seeing as we're talking about Iceland, what are the pilot vacancies there like? I would really like to spend some time in Iceland. Any opportunities for B767 typed pilots (with time on type)?

Weyland-Yutani
6th Dec 2005, 23:26
I know a few F/As with Icelandair and they've told me one has to speak Icelandic, English and one Nordic language. I expect Icelandic is a prerequisit for IcelandExpress as well, without knowing for sure.

There are always openings and training courses in the spring for F/As, but you can apply anytime. You might just have to wait until the next training course.

cheers

W-Y