PDA

View Full Version : New BN2 operator?

BNflyer
21st Nov 2005, 18:00
I found this at "Flight Deck Recruitment".

"Position: BN2 Captain
Min Type Hours: 200
Min Total Hours: 500
Description/requirements: Exp BN2 Islander captains required for new start up routes from various Uk and Irish points.
Required type rated pilots from Training Captains to line Captains and first officers.
All aircraft will be flown by two pilots, Experienced on the BN2 aircraft is a requirement.
We will look at training exp twin pilots as F/O on the Islander with the advancement to the left seat upon meeting the company requirements.
Ideal candidates will live within the UK and Ireland"

....but unfortunately they want money from us to get the contact information to either the recruitment company or the airlines itself. Does anyone know anything about which airline they might be writing about? I mean, it feels pretty awful to pay 25 pounds for just get the opportunity to look at the contact information and in that way work out which company they are talking about?

Thankful for any replies…

Regards
/BNflyer

Daysleeper
21st Nov 2005, 18:50
Exp BN2 Islander captains required for new start up routes from various Uk and Irish points.

Its gotta be a mickey take/scam lets face it with the exception of a couple of VERY small islands nobody is going to pay good money to fly on an islander so where are the routes.

We will look at training exp twin pilots as F/O on the Islander with the advancement to the left seat upon meeting the company requirements.

Why? if you are an experianced twin pilot you are more than capable of being in the left on the Islander, its not exactly rocket science.

Dont pay for "contact" details.

If you want to fly an islander try

Air Atlantique (G-BCEN see other thread in questions for what it does)

or

Loganair or have a look on the CAA website for other islander operators.

Will964
21st Nov 2005, 19:18
Sounds a bit odd to me.

Why would they need to operate the BN2 multi crew? It’s a single pilot aircraft and is flown as such by almost all operators. I’ve only had a brief introduction to the Islander, and apart from being very pleasant to fly, she certainly isn’t the most complex aircraft. I would imagine the FO would very quickly run out of things to do! Not to mention the cost implications of an airline operating a single pilot aircraft with two pilots just for the sake of it.

Groundloop
22nd Nov 2005, 08:35
Captain - Min Total Hours 500!!!

22nd Nov 2005, 08:50
Sounds like a fisheries job. Some of these require two-crew. Not a mandatory requirement, but a requirement of the contracting agency.

P1 minimum of 500 hours isn't going to be Public Transport.

Phil Brockwell
22nd Nov 2005, 12:40
Might be these guys.

http://www.synergyaviation.co.uk

Phil

Daysleeper
22nd Nov 2005, 15:17
Sounds like a fisheries job. Some of these require two-crew. Not a mandatory requirement, but a requirement of the contracting agency.

If it was aerial work I doubt they would talk of

new start up routes from various Uk and Irish points.

still say its a scam and as for Phils suggestion do they actually own any of thos aircraft or are they not just a charter broker/management company, again hardly likely to be starting a sched service with an islander.

Phil Brockwell
22nd Nov 2005, 15:24
They have some of the aircraft they mention, think they have PA34, BN2 and BE350.

They have an AOC, the aircraft (like most aircraft on the GA market) are managed.

Phil

22nd Nov 2005, 21:06
Daysleeper:

If its not aerial work, then how can the minimum hours required be 500 for these 'new routes'.

If they're talking about Public Transport Ops you're going to need a minimum of 700 hours. You can't fly PT as P1 with only 500 hours.

Sounds dodgy.

Phil Brockwell
23rd Nov 2005, 07:36

With certain exemptions the limit for public transport P1 is 400 TT.

Phil

23rd Nov 2005, 08:54
First I've heard of it!

Got any examples?

EGBKFLYER
23rd Nov 2005, 10:01
Can't do the link thing cos I'm not clever enough but if you read the thread 'small operator requirements', there is a bit of discussion on the 400TT thing.

To recap, 700TT for single crew IFR and 400TT for single crew VFR seems to be the difference, though no one knew where that was written. I'm trying to find it and will post what I find in the above mentioned thread.

Phil Brockwell
23rd Nov 2005, 10:04
That is incorrect. To operate Public Transport IFR for us you only need 400TT.

Phil

23rd Nov 2005, 10:10
Not under JAR.

Phil: That must be under a CAA AOC?

Phil Brockwell
23rd Nov 2005, 11:22
We have a JAR AOC, and we operate aircraft with pilots with 400TT, single crew IFR. As I said earlier, it is an exemption from the JAR rules that was available when changing from CAP360 to JAR, an operator was not allowed to be disadvantaged by the change so the exemption was granted. Incdentally we could on certain contracts operate with 250hr pilots single crew VFR also.

Phil

EGBKFLYER
23rd Nov 2005, 11:53
Thanks for clarifying that Phil. Any chance you can point us to the relevant part of JAR that explains all or is it something that would only appear in a particular AOC?

I've been trawling both the CAA and JAA websites but I can't find anything useful so far...

RAPA Pilot
23rd Nov 2005, 18:17
Hi BNflyer
Looks like your thread went a bit off track .
I had the same thing as you. I was also intregued but I smelt a rat. So the first place i came was pprune and what do i find but your thread.
I fly BN2A mkIII Trislanders single crew ifr all the time. I know that the cops that operate the BN2T Defender-4000 also operate single crew. So in the cut throat world of aviation, why the hell are you going to pay for 2 crew on a single crew A/C and whats all this talk of promotion to captain etc, sounds like their 'bigging it up' some what. I've got a bucket load of hours on these things and I hate flying in the back of them just because their so f#@king noisey.
Anyway don't spend the money on it.
BTW are you working at the moment? PM me
Cheers
Col

BNflyer
23rd Nov 2005, 23:16
..check your PM Col..

/BNflyer

An2
25th Nov 2005, 08:15
Hey BNflyer,

Somehow, I get the feeling that we know, or at least, know of eachother! ;)

Anyway, saw that ad as well, but there just has to be something "fishy" about it..... :rolleyes:
If they really need Islander-drivers, they probably wouldn't beat around the bush about it, but rather clearly state who they are without you having to come up with some money. I mean, us BN-pilots doesn't exactly grow on trees these days, now......do we?! ;)

I'll PM you mate!!

/ An2

bunnywabbit
26th Nov 2005, 11:37
Its that new airline starting on the Isle of Wight, you need to buy the local rag to find out whats going on!

Ingo1
27th Nov 2005, 18:52
An2,

Another Islander pilot here, that you do know. How are you doing? any breakthrough`s?

You must have a lot of "twin experience" by now... although it is probably not loggable!!!

I am still waiting for a phonecall from Latvia.

Regards,

Janne

An2
28th Nov 2005, 09:25
Yes-sireee-bob!!
I'm racking up them twin-hours,...... 24hrs, 7days/week!!!:}
Wa-da-ya mean "not loggable"!? :E

Saw you had been posting over at that other forum ,...or cockpit,....or both,.....the other way around. ;)

Still no call from Baltic, eh?
Last I heard, they had stopped recruiting! Haven't heard why though.
I'll let you know if I catch a break! Promise!! ;)

See you around mate!!

Ingo