PDA

View Full Version : Naija Pilots Census

Ray D'Avecta
21st Nov 2005, 16:15
Hello fellow Naija Guys and Gals,

Its good to see more and more of us appearing on pprune, and also to see good, intelligent debate on all issues affecting aviation in Naija.

I was just wondering how many of us are pilots, how many are involved in aviation management, how many of us are Nigerian expatriates , etc. This info may help us to raise our level of discussion and start to consolidate the aviation fratenity in naija.

I know some of us already know each other, (DMan - I think say I sabi you :cool: ) but maybe just a small informal intro (no real names or employer if you do not want to) to start.

I'll kick off:

Ray D'Avecta
Pilot - First Officer
KLM
Based: Amsterdam
Sex : Male

Over to you.....................................

ACN_Pilot
21st Nov 2005, 17:17
Nice one Ray D'Avecta, I think it would do us a lot of good. Can I also suggest that everyone actually put down the name of their companies. That way we always know where to direct our enquiries when looking for "info". Here we go.

ACN_Pilot
Pilot - First Officer
Aero - "The Reliable way to fly" (lol)
Base - DNMM

Dotun
21st Nov 2005, 21:32
I sabi you also, how KLM ?, will call later. Perhaps we could go a step further and organise a bash or something. I am guessing finding the time to do it will be the main killer, worth a try.

Pilot : First Officer
Based : Naija / London

Regards
DMan

Ray D'Avecta
21st Nov 2005, 23:41
You seeeeee...........already, at least 2 good ideas!!!!

DMan - bash sounds like a good idea. Maybe around xmas time. U go organise am? ;)

ACN - I hear you ojare :ok: . Na that same "info" wey u mention I dey call "consolidation" :D

Please keep them coming.................

Flying Touareg
22nd Nov 2005, 08:40
first officer
airline- private jet
base- abuja, kano, U.A.E
sex-male

Please also specify your sex so that we can have an idea of the no of female pilots in naija!

GlobalFlyer
22nd Nov 2005, 09:22
GlobalFlyer
Flight Simulator pilot only!
Eurostar Aviation - Co-founder www.esava.net
Base - OBBI (Ill let you figure this one out!)
Sex - Male
Age - 27
Interests - African & Middle Eastern aviation, tourism, business, investment

Engine Noise
22nd Nov 2005, 15:31
CPL in view!
Male
By the way, i m looking forward to returning to nigeria early next year and i m curious to know about the job oppurtunities for low hours fixed wing pilots

Oyindo
22nd Nov 2005, 15:32
GF,
Is that Bahrain International (BAH). I did not realise there are a few FS2 pilots like us around. This is the closest I will ever get to a simulator recurrent.:hmm:
EN,
I would look at the commuters, if you buy a B737-300 type on your way into Naiga you would most likely be snapped up by one of the B737 operators. I note from ASO rock will help too.
Good luck.

femialpha
22nd Nov 2005, 18:23
Can non aviation professionals join the 'club'? Afterall some of us have interests in this potentially lucrative sector of our economy.

Rani
23rd Nov 2005, 13:08
NAME: Withheld :cool:
SEX: Yes Please
INTERESTS: Arts, Business, Aviation, Africa, Travel, Tourism
AMBITIIONS: PPL, Entrepreurialship
RELATION TO OTHER PPRUNERS: Twin brother of GlobalFlyer
SOON TO BE SPOTTED IN: Calabar, Nigeria
NEXT STOP: Beirut

skycaptain81
24th Nov 2005, 08:17
NAME Skycaptain81
RANK CPL/ME/IR
BASE LAGOS NIGERIA

Still trying to get a job before the new year,need all the luck I can get.Where the hell is Capt. Maneuvar.