PDA

View Full Version : Project Help, please!!

richiya
21st Nov 2005, 11:24
Hi to all, I have to do a project for a course I am doing in Uni. (Business Economics) I did mt ATPL a few years ago and then came to university, so I am thinking of doing the project about Corporate Aviation (cessna, gulfstream...) which has always interested me.
Anyway what I am having trouble finding web pages with companies sizes, market shares, etc. I would appreciate any help if anyone knows some aviation business journal , or something similar.

Thanks,

Richiya

FLEXJET
21st Nov 2005, 11:53
You have 'Business & Corporate Aviation', McGraw Hill publications.

Online:

this interesting study:
http://www.gbaa.de/neu/admin/dateien/upload/hsh_nordbank_eng.pdf

and
www.gbjyearbook.com
www.ainonline.com/News/AIN_businessaviation.html
www.nbaa.org
www.ebaa.org
www.ebace.com

Good luck!

richiya
21st Nov 2005, 12:12
Wow that was quick FLEXJET!!!

Thank you very much for your help, loads of info!!

Cheers,
Richiya

bobu
22nd Nov 2005, 13:10
well you must be a rich one richiya! an ATPL and then the luxury of an uni course some years after. most guys out there work their way up in corporate, its a slog, but you start at the bottom, sweeping the hangar floor if necessary. who is sponsoring you? are you after a management job in corporate? in my experience it doesnt happen unless by pure fluke and deception. generally its an underfunded business if you are after statistics. use your head, get in touch with the manufacturers.

richiya
23rd Nov 2005, 19:54
There are scholarships given to "mature students"(over 25īs) by the EU, they pay for your tuition fees in full. While you do your ATPL there is always time to work and pay of part fo your course, and then get a loan to pay for the rest of it, also got a job now which help to pay some of it off (also lots of time off here in uni) Itīs all a matter of knowing what you want and sacrificing lots of things along the way to get there!!

The corporate aviation appeals to me a lot more than many of the other industries out there, thatīs why I chose that industry, not because I want to work in managment in one of the companies.(wouldnīt mind flying for them though!)

Thanks for your feedback anyway....:rolleyes:

richiya

ICT_SLB
24th Nov 2005, 03:44
Richiya,
Don't forget the group that represents all the largest GA manufacturers. GAMA (http://www.gama.aero) - the General Aviation Manufacturers Association is headquartered in Washington DC. It has considerable influence with the FAA so should not be ignored as a source of information.

richiya
28th Nov 2005, 13:59
Thanks for the info, I had found them on the internet, they are being very useful and have lot sof info available..
thanks agian,
richiya