PDA

View Full Version : *** Urgent Cape Town Notam S001 ***

Gunship
21st Nov 2005, 05:36
GoldFish Jack and his fellow Fish Bowl occupants invite you to an ATC STAMMTISCH

We would also like to make that our yearly PPRUNE Bash as we have the pleasure of a moderator being in our midst that weekend.

Yes flapsforty will be in Town ... :ok:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

26TH NOVEMBER 2005

1300B – you all fall down

FERRYMANS TAVERN

Waterfront, Cape Town

Join the Cape Town ATC’s for an intellectual afternoon, of crazy talk.

Bring:
Money – to buy your drinks and the ATCs
Any ATC problems you have – we won’t sort them out
Wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends, etc – you might find a new one

Come and have a good time and hug an ATC. :E

RVSP: Not necessary – just don’t miss it.

Ps: The next following week-end is the FAYP airshow, so come and start practicing for the pub so you know what you must do at the airshow – you don’t go there to watch aircraft do you??

B Sousa
21st Nov 2005, 13:35
Guns, Your finally going to have to join the real world. I dont think a real Tavern will serve Tassies...............
Try a Bombay Saphire with Tonic.. or a Jack Daniels Single Barrell over Ice. show some class.........ha ha

Deanw
21st Nov 2005, 14:22
Ag nee man!

I'm out of town :(

Gunship
21st Nov 2005, 16:07
Guns, Your finally going to have to join the real world. I dont think a real Tavern will serve Tassies...............
Try a Bombay Saphire with Tonic.. or a Jack Daniels Single Barrell over Ice. show some class.........ha ha

I fell on my hind - side when I saw the prize of tassies ... R98.00 a box. Mate that is a lot - then again it is the best ... so pay up :ok:

Ag nee man!

I'm out of town

Ag nee man - if u snooze u loose ;)

ANVAK
21st Nov 2005, 16:56
Why is it that when my ship comes in I'm always at the airport? Have one on me.

Deanw
22nd Nov 2005, 08:14
He he :O

Thanks mate :ok:

flapsforty
22nd Nov 2005, 17:42
OK Gunss, suitcase done, particulars written down, life insurance checked, hangover cure packed; see you on saturday. :ok:

Gunship
23rd Nov 2005, 11:04
Hey Flapsforty - will be great to hook up.

Sadly I forgot about the Airshow but that will have to wait for next year. A/c I see a lot : Friends I do not.

Sadly Francois Marais (the real FM) will not be able to make it (flying in Umtata).
I will be there
Gunship Jnr I think.
Goldfish Bowl and his cronies..

Who else ?

I think let's RSVP here please.

Cheers

Gunss

WildFrequency
24th Nov 2005, 11:37
Will be in attendance!

MysticFlyer
24th Nov 2005, 14:14
Darn.....can't find my spy-kit anywhere!:ugh:

Goldfish Jack
25th Nov 2005, 05:02
Should be a goodie...........

The usual highly intellectual pilots will be there and much sense will be spoken.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

The rugby will be on the TVs there so we wont miss that one and for those of you going to OVerberg - WHO GOES TO AN AIRSHOW TO WATCH AIRCRAFT????????????????????????????????

The talent at the Waterfront is much better and you dont have to drive so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there

Cheers

MysticFlyer
25th Nov 2005, 05:47
Charter the Frelon to catch both! Donations for new blades and fuel I'm sure would be welcome in return for membership!

Coat...hat.....door, I know! Darn, missing out again on some "high intellectual sense", sounds sooo stimulating, don't you think......Mini-me?

Latent Heat
25th Nov 2005, 06:33
[QUOTE]Charter the Frelon to catch both! Donations for new blades and fuel I'm sure would be welcome in return for membership!

Misticflyer, you can ask the Helibase staff about the blades&fuel at Ferryman's. Im sure they will be keen to discuss it with you.

Finally, word is out...roadblocks from 20h00 - 04h00 this weekend.

Gunship
25th Nov 2005, 09:59
Finally, word is out...roadblocks from 20h00 - 04h00 this weekend.
Gunship Jnr will drive :ok:

PS: Anybody heard from Flapsforty yet ?

Please PM me her surname as I just have her name if you have it .

Cheers

Gunss

Gunship
25th Nov 2005, 17:08
realOrca ????

You going to make it swaer ? :8

REAL ORCA
25th Nov 2005, 17:14
Nope! Will have to look after the kids, the wife has gone to the inlaws! Will be there in spirit(s)! Enjoy:ok:

Gunship
25th Nov 2005, 17:15
Ag neeeeeeeeeee ... we really thought you will make it :{
Ahh well we will drink a pint or two on you :ok:

flapsforty
25th Nov 2005, 19:40
All set Gunsie, no sweat. :ok:

Went for a bit of a drive & feed with the crew today; you boys certainly live in a glorious country. Gawd it's beautiful here!

Oh and Gunss, it's room 429 mate. :)

Banzai-blades
26th Nov 2005, 05:39
Hi All,

To all you degenerates. Hope you have a wonderful function in the best part of the most beautiful country in the world.

My soul cries out for not being able to join.

Gunns, send regards to all we/I know and get the bunch to shout for the BOKKE!!

Enjoy guys and girls:{ :ok:

Gunship
26th Nov 2005, 06:18
Went for a bit of a drive & feed with the crew today; you boys certainly live in a glorious country. Gawd it's beautiful here!

Morning dear flaps40

I am glad you enjoy our part of the country. Yes it is magnificent and I always preach and pray to those of intellectual need to stop complaining and see what they have around them.

I am sure you are still sleeping so I will not bother you now and I am sure the SA red wine has punctured your hair strands and they are sore today ;)

Much cooler today and luvly well prayed rain fell last night and early morning.

So a cool day in store but we need the rain - sorry ;)

See you guys at 1 :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
26th Nov 2005, 06:43
Moenie die bokkems vergeet nie...:E

Gunship
26th Nov 2005, 06:47
Ek sal nie.

PS: Do you want me to get her some of that condensed milk you talked about on the Trabspoiltandstuffed thread ? ;)

Cheers

G

Gunship
26th Nov 2005, 20:00
Thanks for everything Goldfish Bowl :ok:

Fantastic to have met you flapsforty . Had a good laugh or ten.

Amazing how I met old friends from 22 years ago ...

Nice meeting you Wildfrequency.

Cheers all and many thanks again from me and Mrs Gunss

REAL ORCA
26th Nov 2005, 20:30
Hoop julle koppe is lekker seer!!:p

Gunship
26th Nov 2005, 20:58
Eischhh mate - we missed you but walked into Louwtjie N, Tommy R and Natasha ... uhmm no that does not sound right ... anyway a lot of your crews down there :ok:

Missed you, Sker and Griffels though :}

flapsforty
27th Nov 2005, 13:23
Gunssie & Goldfish thank you both so much for organising this. :ok:

I'm still not sure the chap with the splendid moustache was serious when he said he'd put a Bash announcement on the ATIS, but there must have been 50 people at least. Lots tall stories, lotsa happy reunions, much laughter and as a total stranger i was made hugely welcome by ppruners and normal people ;) alike.
Fantastic effort all around: I was in love with CPT already, this party made it worse.

Kop lekker nie seer, but I will admit to a wee lie down after getting back to the hotel. :cool:

Gunss please tell your wife that instead of the musty hotel smell, my room smells like a field of lavender now. Wonderful gesture.
XXX
flaps

nugpot
27th Nov 2005, 18:11
I'm still not sure the chap with the splendid moustache was serious when he said he'd put a Bash announcement on the ATIS

Believe it Flaps.

Electronic American voice announced "Stammtisch Saturday Ferryman's" all of Friday on ATIS.

Sorry I missed you. Saturday did not turn out as planned.

Cheers
nugpot

Goldfish Jack
27th Nov 2005, 20:14
Yeah it was a hell of a party

To those of you who missed it - well you missed a party of note - glad you could make it - those that did and we certainly did have a party.

It was spoiled a bit by the rugby - yessome of us did watch it there!

Great to see Guns again and Flap40.

The big ugly guy with the moustache aka the beekeeper admitted his wheels fell off and he crept out to look for his chauffeur aka the wife!!!

Was a real goody and we are already looking at the next one in 6 months or so time........

Where was the real Orca - feelbe excuse - druk die groen knoppie druk hom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ferrymans loves aviation types - we were there well into the night and still the lads wanted an after party.

tired
27th Nov 2005, 20:54
Dammit, why do you always have these things when I'm on the other side of the world - typical ATC'ers, can't organise anything right. (Though it sounds like they did organise the proverbial p/up in the brewery?? :) )

Hope you all had a good time

Goldfish - you working on the 17th? If not, see you on C4.

t

Goldfish Jack
28th Nov 2005, 00:13
Hey tired - standy that day, but by then the babes at C4 will be awesome - gautengers will be here in force so some new meat to look at!!!!!!!! hehehe

They going to let you drive in here are they - they must be gettting desperate!!!!!!!!!!!! HOpe the training is going well

Hope it is going well and get there early on the 17th otherwise you will be parking in Sea Point!

and yes we did organise a piss up in the brewery - needed a panado sandwhich this morning with extra aspros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You even missed the little captain running around and in fine form

Regards

flapsforty
28th Nov 2005, 16:45
Goldfish just after landing I spotted your mate GrahamF at the crew centre today.
Boldly broached the Goldfish Bowl (pilots' briefing and prep area) for a quick chat, the CPT bash story made him turn green with envy. :ok:

... I sent him your best regards as well. ;)

mini
30th Nov 2005, 00:45
C'mon chaps, where's the pics?

Gunship
30th Nov 2005, 05:44
I have Permission for he following : (Awaiting the ATC's feedback) :E

Mrs Gunss, Gunss, Flaps40 and Louwtjie Naude, Tng Captain BA - Comair. :ok:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/idoitmyway69/MrsGunsGunsFlaps40Loutjie.jpg