PDA

View Full Version : Ford Air/Flightline rumour

mirolakes
20th Nov 2005, 18:03
Has anyone heard the rumour that Ford Air is closing at Stansted getting rid of all the people and that the routes will be operated by Flightline ?

nelly1066
20th Nov 2005, 18:17
where did you hear that from and do you know whats gonna happen to the people ?

mirolakes
20th Nov 2005, 18:22
Was on a layover and got talking to this guy who used to work for Flightline, from what he was saying they are a pretty crappy airline to work for. Anything to save a buck if you know what i mean.

bacardi walla
21st Nov 2005, 06:26
Can't see Flightline's 146's making IST from STN somehow :confused:

The Puzzler
21st Nov 2005, 09:17
Puzzle me this....

Take Pinky and Perky,
Who are really quite quirky,
And a flight operation thats shady and murky,
Add a roman, some spanners,
And a whole bunch of sods,
Mix them together
And what have you got?? :confused: :hmm:

TUGNBAR
21st Nov 2005, 18:34
I've recently seen Harrods Aviation doing the Ground Handling for the B737's aswell

bacardi walla
21st Nov 2005, 18:59
TUGNBAR on the ball I see........:rolleyes: And how long have Harrods been looking after Ford's handling ? Yonks.

TUGNBAR
21st Nov 2005, 19:41
Thanks BACARDI WALLA for your sarcasm, but I was referring to the aircraft handling (pushback/baggage loading) not Pax handling

hurricane
21st Nov 2005, 21:38
Flightline........had a mate who worked there briefly - couldn't wait to get out. Can't imagine that their culture of penny pinching will entirely fit in with Ford's renowned 'safety first' style of operation!!!!!!!!!

bacardi walla
22nd Nov 2005, 08:15
TUGNBAR sorry but I gave up reading minds years ago :ok:

Maybe Fords' tug is out of service and Harrods are helping out with pushbacks etc. Who know's, but I dare say all will be revealed in due course.

Speculation can be a dangerous thing :suspect:

Daifly
22nd Nov 2005, 15:00
Yes Bacardi - you never ever do speculation now do you...!?!?

I refer you to every single post you do on Goldair...

Ahem.

bacardi walla
23rd Nov 2005, 08:08
Daifly that isn't speculation. It's called knowing. Lets keep this on topic shall we? Thanks

HZ123
23rd Nov 2005, 08:30
The prospect of this type of operation makes good sence. Ford have been operating at STN since the 70's and the operation of a small airline cannot be cost efficient. The transfer of the operation to FL at SEN would offer a significant saving. Ford surely need to save as much as possible and this could be one way. I cannot understand that the Ford guys would be less than enthusiastic about it. I fail to see that there is anything wrong with FL safety record. Disgruntled staff are everywhere in every company at all levels.

loco motion
28th Nov 2005, 17:10
Not the best time to send a CV then?

:confused:

4HolerPoler
28th Nov 2005, 17:25
Simple answer:

To Ford: Maybe not but hey, what does it cost?

To Flightline: Klondike Stampede...........join in, nothing to lose.

Good luck & best wishes

4HP

Daifly
28th Nov 2005, 20:31
Have it on good authority (so undeniably it will all close tomorrow!) that this is horsesh*t.

Ford not closing/merging the operation at all.

loco motion
30th Nov 2005, 11:46
CV back in then!

All is well.

;)