PDA

View Full Version : Emirates A330 roster

Joe Patroni
20th Nov 2005, 08:52
Hi, how would a typical roster look on the A330 with ek? What kind of trips/ overnights and how many block hours apprx./mth.

Thanks a million for your help!

Joe

fatbus
20th Nov 2005, 10:18
85- 100 hours
4-5 multi day trips (2 - 5 days)
turn arounds, as many as you like
8- 10 days off
2 months rev a year
summer vac every 3rd summer(maybe) some seem to do better than others, thats no including secondary peak
hours will go down if the crew level ever goes up

V/S
21st Nov 2005, 02:49
fatbus,
what do you mean with 2 month rev a year?:confused:

safe flying

fatbus
21st Nov 2005, 02:58
every other bottem bid

max AB
21st Nov 2005, 04:32
I'm guessing but I think "rev" is a fatbus abbreviation for "reserve"

Payscale
21st Nov 2005, 05:23
Which 4-5 day trips do we have on the A330....

I can think of a 2 day Malta....but they are almost impossible to get.

fatbus
21st Nov 2005, 08:35
I go by start and finish, look at CMB.HKG.CDG.BKK- 4days and KUL.SIN.SEZ - 5days and there was CGK 5day

max magic
23rd Nov 2005, 20:45
Hi Gents,

How does your bidding system work ? ie : is it a bid line system or do you bid for individual trips and days off ?.......... plus how many changes - if any - would a pilot expect in a roster period ? ..... ( 330 and 777 pilots )

Thanks for your help guys,

Max

fatbus
24th Nov 2005, 04:10
5 groups rotating so every 5 th month you are at the top
Senority within your group
340 currently doing @ 95 hours/m
I think 330 and 777 a little less
I've been lucky WRT roster changes( very few) but the rosters come out late all the time
If you wanted to do just turn arounds I think you could that , most don't or at least want a mix
Some of the turns are great others suck big time
One bad thing lately is guys not getting what they want in there top 2 bid months and they know how to bid
Vacation has changed a bit off peak award is better, still not enough summer to go around
8-10 day off /m on average and it seems you have to use up 1 or 2 a month to do admin s**t
If you are thinking of commuting I would think twice about that, it is being done buts its very hard and the company is not in favor of it. You need 5 days off between ULR flights if you were thinking of putting 2 of those back to back, @ 3 post and @ 2pre (340)

max magic
25th Nov 2005, 08:48
Thanks for the info fatus, much appreciated ! - one other question, .......... with regards to EK flights to domestic destinations, including india, .... would they be 2 sector days ? or would you expect to operate a 3rd sector to nightstop ?

Thanks for the info !

Max

Payscale
25th Nov 2005, 09:18
Fatbus....do you work as a flight crew for EK?

fatbus
25th Nov 2005, 09:22
All India flts 2 sector, as a negative some of the night turns are long, max FDP. MAA 3:45 there 4:05 back only 2 plts at night.SEZ had gone to a layover.777 doing DAC turns again but during the daytime

max magic
26th Nov 2005, 09:08
Thanks for the info fatbus ! .... but, what does MAA and DAC mean ? any chance you could give an example of a typical roster assuming a mix of local flying and some long flights ?

I am flying the Airbus for a UK airline, approx 85 hours a month, frequent roster disruption !

Cheers for the info !

Max

EGGW
26th Nov 2005, 12:38
Max Magic

OK your roster will in general at EK be much more stable than at most UK charter companies, i know i was at one. The only changes in general to a roster, will be type change on your flight. You do a month of reserve every 10 months, which seems to keep all other months stable. Your flying can be more than 85, trust me, particularly if you are on MFF

MAA= Madras or Chennai these days
DAC= Dhaka

EGGW

max magic
26th Nov 2005, 20:37
Thanks EGGW ! appreciate the info,

as you are from a similar background as myself, would you mind if i PM you a few more questions ?

Payscale
29th Nov 2005, 06:06
EGGW and FATBUS

So reserve falls every 5th month or every 10th month?...or maybe somewhere in between!

Get the facts straight for these guyes who rely on your info.

Airbus 330 only. 87 hours this month. 2 days grnd school (recurrent and SEP) 2 days SIM.

Oblaaspop
29th Nov 2005, 11:02
Top Bid group for Nov.

86 hours flying (3 Londons, 1 Paris, 1 HKG, and a turnround), with 14 days off (no leave just days off!) not including 2 rest days! So thats 10 hours overtime approx 3000dhs.

Got everything I bid for, however not always like that, bottom bids are a waste of time bidding for, and don't believe the 'you wont get reserve between reserve months' crap, they just disguise them as available days on your roster and then change them the day before to a reserve several of which I got on my 2nd for top bid month despite having already done my month of reserve!!

I too used to work for a large British charter airline, and you do get more time off and more stable rosters here, its just that EK squeezes more flying in to your time on than any other airline on the planet and most of that is at night....

Good luck

EGGW
29th Nov 2005, 11:33
Payscale me old china. M facts are quite straight thanks, check out TCAS's e-mail re the new reserve model.

Oblaspop is right, you can get the odd reserve day disguised as an AD, usually when there has been an aircraft change on your assigned flight.

EGGW

BBJ King
29th Nov 2005, 15:53
6 days off in the home environment this month.

RINGAdingding
29th Nov 2005, 17:17
keep recovering!!:sad:

max magic
1st Dec 2005, 11:40
so chaps .... how many days off would you expect, for eg : after a few 2 sector days ? ( local flying ) and after a long trip ... ie : singapore, melbourne/sydney

Cheers,

Max

...plus... what is the maximum number of days you would work prior to days off ? in my current airline we fly 5/6 days and during that weeks flying usually ( not always,..... depending on your luck ) min rest in between before days off ...which is 2/3 off

cheers,

max

Payscale
1st Dec 2005, 12:05
EGGW

You are right. I missread his mail. Thks