PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Orders (Dubai Airshow)

Boeing 787
20th Nov 2005, 08:26
Boeing Wins $9.7 Billion Order From Emirates at Dubai Airshow
Nov. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Boeing Co., the world's second-biggest commercial planemaker, won an order from Emirates for 42 long- range 777s worth about $9.7 billion, bringing the plane maker closer to beating Airbus on new orders for the first time in five years.

Emirates, the biggest and fastest-growing carrier in the Persian Gulf region, plans to ``strengthen our long range plans, including to the U.S.,'' Sheikh Ahmad Bin Sayeed al-Maktoum, chairman of Emirates Group, said at the Dubai Air Show today in the United Arab Emirates.

Boeing, with six weeks left until the end of 2005 appears likely to surpass Airbus this year on new orders. As of Nov. 18, Chicago-based Boeing had booked 659 orders compared with 494 for Toulouse, France-based Airbus. Airbus, which first delivered more planes than Boeing in 2003, will maintain that lead this year as it expects to sell 370 planes this year compared with 290 planned by the U.S. company.

White Knight
20th Nov 2005, 11:13
That includes 8 777 freighters - is it curtains for Atlas??

See that the 20 340-600's are still quoted as being on the orderbooks (EK press release)

Cerberus
20th Nov 2005, 11:53
A great announcement, keeps EK to the forefront of world aviation but.....Who is going to fly them? We are already about 20% undermanned and now are getting a bezillion more planes.

Please someone tell me how we are going to attract the Flightdeck and CCM we need!

ratpoison
20th Nov 2005, 11:58
Probably by more, now how was it put, oh yes, I believe it was "Inconsiderate Pilots" !!!!! Maybe they should have counted how many "biscuit throwers" went in and out of the CBC and made such accusations.

ETOPS
20th Nov 2005, 11:59
"how we are going to attract..........?

Improve terms and conditions :ok:

Desert Whine
20th Nov 2005, 12:30
It was "Lazy Pilots."

:ok:

ratpoison
20th Nov 2005, 14:11
Desert ol mate, check your latest letter of love and affection sitting in your Inbox of the Portal regarding "Inconsiderate Pilots " stealing more than they should of from the trough allegedly

Desert Whine
20th Nov 2005, 15:29
I seeeee......... :hmm:

Hang on, I'll just look it up the portal on my company laptop....

Looks like I'm the one who's behind the times. I must say, though, I always get a laugh out of the Lazy Pilot line. It appeals to my sense of humour.

flynbyu
20th Nov 2005, 18:00
Emirates just wants to plug up the factory so no one else can get planes.....

Thats one way to screw your competitors.

Amazing how they work all the free flowing money.

ratpoison
21st Nov 2005, 03:25
Lazy, Inconsiderate and Thieving. are we talking about Pilots or management. ????

Flybyu, They would not "fiddle the books" would they. !!!!!!!

waldorfin
21st Nov 2005, 06:00
Just heard the "BIG" announcement will be made on the last day of the airshow.

MachD
21st Nov 2005, 07:47
Could that be the announcement about the pay scale revision and T & C improvements so as to attract and keep existing crew numbers to operate all these new aircraft?

Scooter Rassmussin
22nd Nov 2005, 09:43
The 29 330s and 20 or so older 777s may retire inside this time frame , they keep adding the numbers but the aircraft dont last forever...

newswatcher
22nd Nov 2005, 12:04
"Flying pigs" in an Islamic country? I don't think so!
;)
See also EADS (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4458700.stm) view on 747-8 orders thus far.

akerosid
23rd Nov 2005, 16:58
See attached article re EK order competition, 787-10 -v- A350-900. EK still wants changes before making a decision.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect is at the end: EK still intends to take delivery of the A340-600s, due for delivery from 2007, notwithstanding the 777-300ER orders this week.

It had been rumoured that EK might cancel the 346, but order the 359s to avoid the loss of its deposit. However, with this prospect out of the question, the 787 seems very much "in the game".

http://today.reuters.com/business/NewsArticle.aspx?type=businessIndustry&storyID=2005-11-23T135947Z_01_BAU350385_RTRIDST_0_BUSINESSPROIND-AIRLINES-EMIRATES-DC.XML

Quod Boy
23rd Nov 2005, 18:21
Seaman,

Its EASY really come on lets be honest:-

There are 25 applicants a day,apparently they all have licences,so if they can walk in a striaght line,have millions of hours,a class 1 medical,can do "dot to dot" and "colouring in" to a good EK standard and speak reasonable english they are in.

Oh,they musnt be lazy or express any concerns but apart from that hire them all,thats 175 a week.So whats the problem?

I think I will apply for a "Bright Idea" award what do you think?

QB:cool:

fullforward
25th Nov 2005, 03:44
Let me get this straight: would it be guys with more than 6,000hrTT, including at least 3,000hr PIC on jet airline and a new Bus or Boeing rating?
And are there 25 of them sending CVs to EK every single day?

Quod Boy
25th Nov 2005, 04:55
FF,thats correct.

Thats what our illustrious leader told us in a newsletter some months ago.

Recruitment is no problem.This is Emirates.

So bring those planes on.

QB:cool: :cool:

LHR Rain
25th Nov 2005, 05:34
Quanity is not the problem but quality is for the recruitment guys. Yes I just got in a few years back and now that I have my command we will have to fly with these guys. But they are good or EK would not have hired them. Right?

Zomp
25th Nov 2005, 06:02
rain,
you dont have a command and you would never get one in EK, they are not that stupid.

hans_airbus
25th Nov 2005, 09:21
If you really got your command LHR Rain, than I feel really sorry for all FO`s.

SOMEBODY LIKE YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER SIT IN A COCKPIT.

LHR Rain
26th Nov 2005, 08:28
Like you pilots are the be all end all of aviation. What makes you so special. Is that you have come from a 3rd world airline and think you are God's gift to aviation? EK is that stupid, they hired you tossers who will work for free and think that you have a great job.

far-rider
26th Nov 2005, 08:39
LHR

You are one of the most prolific BSers on this forum.

You are not a Captain at EK and your not going to be one. Those are reserved for the F/Os that have the capability.

You promised us that you were leaving when jobs opened up in the far east.

There really is an exodus at KA or you could borrow 60,000K from Dad and buy a job at SQ. I see Air Vietnam are looking for career F/O's. There is lots of oppurtunities out there for you in the right seat.

Please leave EK like you promised and go some where else, by doing that you will raise the standarsd in both airlines.:ok:

hans_airbus
26th Nov 2005, 09:54
Look bush pilot LHR Rain,

I am from Germany but that doesnt make me a better pilot than somebody from the socalled 3rd world.

Its the personality and attitude.

SO WHERE R U FROM.

uk, aus, nz?