PDA

View Full Version : A320/NWSteering/KLAX

pakeha-boy
19th Nov 2005, 18:02
This may shed a little light on the KLAX incident that occured several months ago:

The failure occurred as follows:After ldg gear retraction following the takeoff,the nosewheels deviated from their zero position,in the nose landing gear bay,due to a broken internal mechanical part.As a result,the L/G SHOCK ABSORBER FAULT ECAM caution was triggered.

When the ldg gear was later selected down,the BSCU detected a nosewheel deviation from the 0-dergee position.This resulted in the loss of the nosewheel steering function:The nosewheels were free to rotate,due to the above mentioned broken part.This failure led to the triggering of the WHEEL N/W STRG FAULT ECAM caution.

Thec ldg was performed with the nosewheels at the 90-degree position(for those that didnt see it)

Depending on what FWC is installed ,one or both ecams may be present

For those of us that fly this Bit@h,it will be of importance.From further evidence it is quite possible that this situation might not have had to occur as the "new" procedure requires us to reset the BSCU inflight(not normal ops)rearm the AUTO BRAKE and refer to the ecam and the QRH.

I,m sure several question,s will arise as to why this was not accomplished in flight,as they had quite a bit of time to deal with the situation.I have heard(Do not quote me) that MTX is taking a bit of an ear-thrashing on several issues pertaining to some maintainence that was done before the flight.

Results of the analysis of the event,indicate that there was a possiblty that the NWS could have been reset.As a general rule,it is not permitted to reset the BSCU in flight in order not ot hide failures that could possibly return during more critical phases of flight(ie T/O-LDG),but we are now talking Normal ops v,s the Captains emergency authority.

For those that dont fly the A320,this may not mean to much ,but for those of us that do,it may be worth going over your own procedures as it seems quite clear from the #of occurances in the last couple of years,that this is a concern to Airbus and those that fly it..............kia toa

tinpis
19th Nov 2005, 21:16
Any pigs left up on Pirongia?

HI'er
19th Nov 2005, 23:15
Off topic?

"Hey boss, this is pakeha-boy - I've got a bl@@dy pig wedged in the bull bars, and he's making a helluva noise."

"Well finish him off with the 308, and that'll make it easier to pull the carcass out."

"Okay boss, I've done that, but his bl@@dy motor bike with the flashing blue lights is stuck under the sump." :sad:

Mr.Buzzy
20th Nov 2005, 04:04
Don't let Dr.Harry or Don Burke find out that you've been hunting "PUGS"

bbbbbbzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ronnie Honker
20th Nov 2005, 05:56
Any pigs left up on Pirongia?

GOD's wallow is a pub in Wagga Wagga, and Jacko's is a ski-field in northern Japan...oink, oink.

pakeha-boy
20th Nov 2005, 12:25
tinpis....yeah mate...there seem to be quite a few,we managed to bag two...120lb barrow and a 142lb sow.....lot of work,dogs chased them to the bottom...several smoko,s on the way up......lot of turned over cow pies,rootings ,but the buggers are getting smarter..........have to go bush to get them....bad day pig hunting always beats a good day at work!!!

tinpis
24th Nov 2005, 02:29
Cha .....kapai...now make sure ya hang em up in the old water tank and dont let those maori sheilas near em or yer gonna get a boil up wit puha and doughboys.