PDA

View Full Version : what s the point?

A320rider
19th Nov 2005, 15:59
where are the jobs?,
what is the point to study, to work hard for years, when all I hear is:"we do not employ pilot at this time", "good luck with your career".

how many years you have to look for an aviation job.I have relation in airline, know captain, copi,...it does not help.

when I call, "please, send us your CV" ...
or" we do not accept CV by email",
or bla bla bla...

At the end, we are still without a job....

Bealzebub
19th Nov 2005, 16:44
Jobs are on the airlines websites, recruitment company websites and trade magazines such as "Flight International".

Airlines will normaly only advertise when they have vacancies that they need to fulfill. If you sent a speculative CV they will rarely create a ficticious vacancy to satisfy your desired reward for years of hard work or study. It is nice of them though to wish you good luck with your career.

You have the choice of looking any length of time for an airline vacancy. From not at all (zero) to the date you die would be my best guess. The best sources are probably the ones given in the first paragraph above, utilizing the tried and trusted method of a proficiently written and sensible CV with a legible brief covering letter. This requirement may involve some additional study and hard work.

Having a relation in a company is obviously a private matter for yourselves, however a relative or other contact can be a useful source and networking resource. Of course if that person is embarrassed by virtue of the fact, it may not always prove to be an advantage.

If you make an unsolicited telephone call to an airline in order to enquire about vacancies, it is quite likely they will simply ask you to send in your CV, so it can be considered by the appropriate individuals as and when they have time to consider filling any vacancies that they may have in the future. It is rare that these same people have the time to speculatively discuss their possible requirements with random callers on the telephone. If it is the companies policy to accept e-mail applications they will normally specify this on their website. If not they might tell you they do not accept e-mail applications.

If they say "bla bla bla" which is quite unusual in most cases, it may be because you have an extraordinarily bad connection. It may be because you do not understand what you are being told in the relevant language. Or it may be because you have annoyed them to the point of exasperation, although it is hard to understand how the latter might actually be the case.

Most companies try and employ pilots who present themselves well. There is a good deal of competition for most vacancies. They tend to like articulate, mature people usually with the highest levels of experience commensurate with the position sought. They normally have plenty of experience in recruiting the type of person they want in their organisation. It is of course important to make a good impression because they will have little hesitation in eliminating potential candidates who fail in this regard.

At the end of the process they only care about the people who have a job with them, they do not care at all about you generally having a job or not.

I hope this provides some guidance into the often bizzare and inscrutable methods of recruitment that commercial companies such as airlines tend to employ.

smith
19th Nov 2005, 17:35
A320

Whats the point indeed? of you continually writing stupid posts on this site? I hope you never get a job with an attitude like yours!!!!

flying paddy
19th Nov 2005, 17:49
For gods sake will you stop moaning. I think I speak for everyone out there, that you are boring us all ridgid with your complaints. Go and find another career or knuckle down get a positve attitude. No one ever said it would be easy nothing worth while ever is.

Paddy

markflyer6580
19th Nov 2005, 17:56
A320 whiner
so much for APP then,buy some more type ratings:p

Luke SkyToddler
19th Nov 2005, 17:56
Ronchonner / spaceman / A320rider / etc etc ...

Your sh!tty negative attitude has been a plague on this forum for so many years now, you have taken more abuse than any other person I've ever seen in the history of PPRuNe and yet you keep changing your user name every few months and coming back for more ...

I can't figure you out though, if you actually believed half of your own miserable drivel that you have spouted over the years, you would have hung yourself, or at the very least given up on aviation and gone to work in a Carrefour and bothered us here no more.

But you haven't and you don't, so what keeps driving you in your endless quest to bring the rest of us down to your sad world view?

:suspect:

No names left
19th Nov 2005, 18:07
I figured what better place to post it than in a thread like this

Have spent enough time browsing these forums over the last few years and found so many of the posts friendly helpful and encouraging - Present one not included

So thanks to all those posters

I found out last week that I have been successful in getting that job

I start in the new year and am still wandering around with a huge grin on my face.

They are out there, and to those of you who might be a little unsure - dont let your chin drop :D

Seems a little late for some though.....

Professor Plum
19th Nov 2005, 23:09
I found out last week that I have been successful in getting that job

So A320rider,

Proof that jobs ARE out there!

I think it'd be better for you if you used the energy, time, and effort you spend moaning here in actually looking for a job.

You may have more success then.