PDA

View Full Version : Training and Starting a Career

nicksmalley
19th Nov 2005, 15:25
Hi All,

I've posted a couple of threads before asking about the industry and the general state of job opportunities. I'm now in the position of looking towards a place to train and line of work to operate in. With the days of sponsorship dried up, I've accepted that a hefty bank loan is the only way forward which my empty pockets have come to terms with. I was just wondering if any of you currently flying could give me a little advice on the following:

1) The name of a good/reputable flying school where I could do a full-time, integrated ab initio course. Good training fleet/instructors/groundschool is a must. I'd looked at the Canadian Helicopter Company. They have a training school over in Pentiction, Canada. If anyone has any feedback on these courses, I'd greatly appreciate it. I will be writing to them shortly. Is there a rotary version of the Jerez training school in Europe for example?

2) Because the investment is so large, my logic tells me 'If I'm going to do it, I might as well do it properly!'. Rather than just get my CPL (H), work for a bit, get my frozen ATPL (H), work for a bit, get my IR/TR over the course of several years etc....I feel it would be better to do it all at once. Barring the financial constraints of this...am I being really stupid? Is this just completely unrealistic?

I feel like my aim at the moment is heading down the offshore route....but willing to explore any other routes along the way. Good education and Class 1 Medical under my belt. I guess I need your help to enlighten the way forward.

Many thanks in advance for any advice that you may have.

Nick

PM me at: [email protected]