PDA

View Full Version : Ex Ansett 146 Trouble In Broome

AustinPowers
19th Nov 2005, 15:20
Helloha,

Noticed VH-EWR (R on the hump anyways) last week on a overnighter in Broome. Nice and white with no logo, obvious to anyone it was on the way out to England or somewhere around that way.

From what I Heard and Seen;

- It left in the morning for Darwin with no radio calls out of Broome MBZ
- Couldn't get into Darwin (not weather related)
- Came back to Broome only to visit the tower...the man in the box to explain their stealth departure (it's hard enough to keep track of the 210's there with a radio)
- Back to Darwin that evening (dunno if it made it or not)
- Couldn't refuel the night before for it was mentioned that it leaked ?! Is this normal for a 146 ?
- What's with the obvious crack on the cockpit window....and off into the blue for flight levels
One would imagine their Com's shat themselves and they tried to get into Darwin to fix them.... but didn't organise well with the local ATC

I stand to be corrected on this though....

Still, VERY SAD to see the evaporation of the leftover's the GREAT ANSETT EMPIRE

:ugh:

Austin :sad:

Continental-520
20th Nov 2005, 09:00
Yeah, noticed it screaming over chinatown when it came back in, with the tail spoilers fully deployed from way out, even though it seemed to be on a normal descent profile for 28...

I didn't know its movements, but remember wondering to myself "what're those guys doing??" when it came back.

Would be interested to hear the lowdown....

Gateway Customer
20th Nov 2005, 09:22
had a crack in the windscreen, so they decided to return to oz to get fixed. Due to WX in DW they didn't have sufficient fuel to return to DW, hence the return to Broome.

An engineer on board the 146 inspected the crack and was apparently happy to fly to DW for repairs.

This is the first of 3 ferrys. So expect 2 more soon through Broome

RENURPP
21st Nov 2005, 00:51
F310 is max altitude, higher for ferry flights.
It may be limited to F260, in icing conditions depending on the mod status.
F280 at night, again depending on mod status.

gas-chamber
21st Nov 2005, 04:44
Sounds like they could/should use a professional ferry crew. Southern Cross in Camarillo are good. They only use guys with plenty of time in type and international experience. Not all that expensive, either. If the wannabes stuff up on the radio over India or Pakistan they could be in for more than a visit to the tower.

Earl Hadlea
21st Nov 2005, 05:28
Heard it talking to Iranian ATC at around 1800 UTC on 20th. So it's obviously making some progress!

MarkD
26th Nov 2005, 02:14
Delivered to Flybe according to the Jethros fleet list.

Zigzag
26th Nov 2005, 10:31
Delivered to Flybe according to the Jethros fleet list.

Being repositioned to Exeter.

Flybe are merely carrying out it's Maintenance requirements while it is there.

fruitloop
26th Nov 2005, 20:55
AP 2 out of 6 comments ain't bad,
Gateway and Zig-zag ...100 % correct !