PDA

View Full Version : The Citation Scam

onedaymaybe?
19th Nov 2005, 11:25
Seems like this Scam has hit again.

A mate of mine was recently stung by this guy.

He used to go under the name John Freeman, but is now using the name JOHN DARING.. the name of his so called chief pilot is now called "MIKE STEVENS"

Once again it was using the old scam

Company was called to provide a pilot to do a flight from Athens to Paris via Nice.

Also asked to do the same as in previous scam where asked to bring along CASH...

Will not go into detail, needless to say that...cash disappeared along with Mr Daring..

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99117&highlight=john+freeman+and+scam

Flintstone
19th Nov 2005, 17:57
The offer of this job was passed on to me via a text message.

No good to me as my C550 rating is no longer current but I may be able to get the phone number for 'Mr Freeman' if that helps?

Teddy Robinson
20th Nov 2005, 10:17
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145736

yyzdub
21st Nov 2005, 16:25
John Daring gave us a call too asking to ferry the alleged Citation however, with a quick check of the registration it turned out to be a Falcon 900! I told John about this, knowing it was a scam but seeing how far he would go, and was told that they had just re registered it that day to the Citation. I told him that I used to fly the aircraft in question - some hesitations and a number of 'what's' and 'I can't hear you' from John but the end of it was when I asked for a COA and COR, he told me that he'd send them on within an hour. 4 days later and nothing yet.

Bob Down
25th Nov 2005, 15:38
....still doing it!!

John Daring rang my company today, same story as is shown here. He also did not seem to remember speaking to me as 'George Schleper' before, although he has a distinctive voice!!!!

Twist is this time he said that TAG Aviation UK had put him onto us. Well, unfortunately for him, I know TAG very well, and a quick check with them reveals his lie.

Beware this t@sser!!!!

BD