PDA

View Full Version : Perth /Ghana

spotgj
19th Nov 2005, 11:25
Need advice as to the safest African airline to travel to Accra city in Ghana from Perth Australia
At present SAA from Perth Australia to Cape town seems OK the rest of the trip is fussy

Regards David

Frogman1484
19th Nov 2005, 11:51
if I was you I would hire a car and drive from Cape Town....:\ :O

MysticFlyer
19th Nov 2005, 12:23
Swim, it's the safest, you'll be whistling on a flute as you enter the water in CT, we need to get rid of a couple of pests? Tell us you're related to the Pied Piper!

:ooh:

19th Nov 2005, 12:51
spotgj

If you're flying most of the way with SAA, why not continue the rest of the way with SAA too?

Mystic

Tell me you like flute music.;) ;) ;)

MysticFlyer
19th Nov 2005, 13:15
126,7's right again, alternatively, phone/e-mail a SA reputable travel agent who may assist you regarding your choice and price of carrier, based upon their hopefully un-biased view.

I believe most African carriers really strive for the best safety margins, so does their crews and staff. But as I said, there is safer ways, ask any self respecting ATC too, they normally know best, but I'm sure you knew that, that's why you're here!

Happy days, mate! Hope it's an totally incident free trip, sure it should be.

spotgj
19th Nov 2005, 15:55
Thanks everyone,
Ive never flown SAA before therefore the question on safety, my wife is travelling to Ghana sometime next year.
Im only going Sth Africa with a side trip to Maritius.
I was hoping to spend a little time exploring the national parks near Capetown with her.
Im satisifed with the SAA safety record ... Air Maritus is not so clear... they also do flights from Perth that would suit both of us...I was hoping someone could give me a link that cover the varous airlines re safety...
Lots of questions...maybe someone has flown with Air Maritus?

Swimming is out cause I dont like white pointer sharks

Driving is out because Im a retired truckie...bugger that

Thanks

james ozzie
19th Nov 2005, 18:17
Last time I looked, the SAA route was Perth to Johannesburg. Also your reference to game parks sounds as if you meant Johannesburg rather than Cape Town.

Be sure to check out other carriers - Singapore & Air Malaysia generally under-price the the SAA/Qantas cartel. Emirates even less but a long dog-leg via their middle east hub. But if you are headed for West Africa, it may well be quicker & cheaper to consider Emirates.

I think all of these have service from Perth

Good luck

soups
19th Nov 2005, 21:03
Perth-Accra

South African Airways
SA 281 Perth (PER), Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Terminal 1 11:50
Johannesburg Int'l (JNB), Johannesburg, South Africa
Terminal A 17:05
Non-stop
342 20h20min
Wednesday
Friday
Sunday

South African Airways
SA 207 Johannesburg Int'l (JNB), Johannesburg, South Africa
Terminal A 20:10
Kotoka (ACC), Accra, Ghana 00:10+1 day(s)
Non-stop

OR

Emirates
EK 421 Perth (PER), Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Terminal 1 22:30
Dubai (DXB), Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Terminal 1 05:45+1 day(s)
Non-stop
343 23h50min Daily

Emirates
EK 783 Dubai (DXB), Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Terminal 1 07:30+1 day(s)
Kotoka (ACC), Accra, Ghana 14:20+1 day(s)
1 stop(s)

Return

South African Airways
SA 208 Kotoka (ACC), Accra, Ghana 02:35
Johannesburg Int'l (JNB), Johannesburg, South Africa
Terminal A 10:25
Non-stop
Tuesday
Wednesday
Friday

South African Airways
SA 280 Johannesburg Int'l (JNB), Johannesburg, South Africa
Terminal A 16:45
Perth (PER), Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Terminal 1 08:20+1 day(s)
Non-stop

the return with EK will require you to spend about 20 hours in Dubai.

However if you want you can travel to BKK with Thai then connect to Accra with ET via ADD

spotgj
20th Nov 2005, 07:26
Thanks Soups ,thats what I needed ,unfortunately my wife dosent plan ahead ,however I can now put this to her... it will circulate around her head for several months ,then suddenly she will anounce shes going next week :D and pay top dollar ... I think agents see her coming...pensioners cant aford that:ouch:

David

Thanks James Ossie,
Last time I looked, the SAA route was Perth to Johannesburg. Also your reference to game parks sounds as if you meant Johannesburg rather than Cape Town.

It really boils down to price,however I would rather pay the extra for safety\'s sake, with close to a year to plan Im sure I could get an \"offer I cant refuse\" :)

soups
20th Nov 2005, 08:33
If you are flying after feb the EK time to Accra will change slightly as it wont stop in Lagos:ok: