PDA

View Full Version : Rome (FCO) with BA

5711N0205W
19th Nov 2005, 11:23
I shall be passing through Fiumicino (ex LHR with BA) in a few weeks time, I shall be staying at the Holiday Inn Parco Dei Medici.

Do you know if there is a shuttle bus to\from the hotel and also if Rome Taxi's take Credit Cards?

I was going to ask about catering as the last time I looked at the BA Site Rome was not one of the catered destinations ex LHR but I now see it has been included so I guess things are getting back to normal.

TIA

TopBunk
19th Nov 2005, 14:06
Try googling 'Rome Airport public transport' - quite a lot of links to follow up on.

5711N0205W
19th Nov 2005, 16:20
Thank's TB, already did that but rather inconclusive on the CCard in taxi question.

Although some taxi companies and travel websites do say they take cards not all mention this.

Based on my experiences at De Gaulle where taxi's often have signs for cards then refuse to accept them I was looking for personal experience.

toomuchradiations
29th Nov 2005, 08:18
based on my experience taxy drivers in FCO very rarely accept credit cards.....and the same applies to any taxy in italy.....some do...but don't count on it!....there's a train connection (express and not ) to the main train station in rome (Termini) and from there loads of buses to get around the city.....and go to your hotel too i guess.

Rome is the most beautiful city i have ever seen. enjoy it!!

tmr