View Full Version : CAA Safety Evenings?

Vfrpilotpb
23rd Oct 2001, 15:30
Hi Rotorheads,

Last evening I attended a CAA safety evening at EGNH, about 60 people attended, some of the subjects were a little like preaching to the converted, on the whole they were quiet well presented, but, I was the only Heli pilot there, in this Northern UK area there must be hundreds of Heli pilots, does this mean,
1, they didn''t know of this meeting?
2, They couldn't come!
3, they couldn't care!
4, do they mistrust the CAA so much, as to not want to be bothered,
Mine was the only Pprune badge displayed, all in all it left me feeling a little tee'ed off.

The Nr Fairy
23rd Oct 2001, 16:16
In the same vein, saw this and culled it from this year's 4th issue of GASIL ( to be found here (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/includes/ga/2001_04_gasil.pdf) ). I've already booked a day off work - anyone else going ?

Helicopter Seminar
------------------
As a result of the success of last year’s helicopter seminar at Farnborough, the CAA intend to hold another one this autumn, again at Farnborough to give the opportunity to visit the Air Accidents Investigation Branch.
The date is Tuesday 20th November, from 10 am to 4 pm.
As in the previous seminar, the emphasis will be on accident reduction by improving knowledge. One criticism levelled at last year’s programme was that it was rather too crowded, so to give more opportunity for discussion we aim to cover fewer topics this year.
As the seminar is aimed primarily at pilots of small helicopters, all such pilots who would like to attend this seminar should contact Safety Promotion at the address or telephone numbers on page 2. Priority will be given to those who could not attend last year, and those who expressed an interest in attending that event but were unable to do so are being contacted directly.

Contact details :
Tel (01293) 573225
Fax (01293) 573973
e-mail: [email protected]

[ 23 October 2001: Message edited by: The Nr Fairy ]

Brilliant Stuff
23rd Oct 2001, 21:48
I did not know about otherwise i would definitly have gone. I have been to one in the distant past and that was good. Ah well next time

The Flashing Blade
23rd Oct 2001, 21:50
Nr,
I'll see you there at Farnborough. It looks very interesting. How will I spot you ?

On the subject of safety, I went to the Military Civil Air Safey Day at Leeming last week. As you'd expect from the RAF it was very well organised, and both myself and my fixed wing friend (yet to see the one true path to fun flying) came away feeling we'd learnt some valuable info.

The Nr Fairy
23rd Oct 2001, 22:49
Maybe IFR will, for a small consideration, provide a discreet but elegant PPRuNe pin.

Anyone else ?

And I was planning to go to the MCASD at Odiham in July, just down the road, but work intervened at the last minute.

The Nr Fairy
24th Oct 2001, 12:31
If you want badges, look at the PPRuNe Badge thread (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=41&t=001970&p=1)

If everyone else going to the Farnborough event gets one, at least I'll know who you are !

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: The Nr Fairy ]

md 600 driver
26th Oct 2001, 22:03
i did not know about it otherwise i might have come .its not advertised very well
maybe they should advertise on pprune [wash my mouth out nobody can advertise on pprune [[[sorry pac.]]] ].

i might add if any one at the caa reads this gasils are sent to g. reg owners if you have a n reg heli you dont get them maybe we are safer and dont need them ..or you might consider sending them freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

pilotwolf
3rd Nov 2001, 05:03
Spoke to CAA yesterday and all places are filled - personally on the reserve list :confused:

pilotwolf
13th Nov 2001, 19:07
Heard yesterday I ve got a place! Anyone else form pprune definately attending? Any plans for a mini-bash afterwards?

The Nr Fairy
16th Nov 2001, 14:37
I'll be there on the 20th, sporting a shiny new PPRuNe badge.

See the rest of you there . . .