PDA

View Full Version : Children in Need and the RAF

Lionel Lion
18th Nov 2005, 15:00
MOD Oracle (http://www.modoracle.com/news/detail.h2f?id=9657)

I bet Girls Aloud would fit in well down at the Beedive...wouldn't mind seeing the Quo though - even older than the VC10 (but probably not as noisy)

joe2812
18th Nov 2005, 15:21
Jamie Cullum will be flown into Brize Norton in an RAF Harrier in the morning

Why don't the people who would appreciate a flight in a GR7 get one? Clearly you need to be a whinging midget making money from bee-bopping his way through 'music'.

Looking forward to the Quo on TV though!!

caspertheghost
18th Nov 2005, 15:43
He must have done really well to get a trip in a GR7, took me about 3 years before I got mine........

BEagle
18th Nov 2005, 15:51
'twas on BBC News 24 this very morning.

Thought the Harrier mates came over very well - true gents and great ambassadors for the HMFC.

...and neither of them said 'bona' once!

:p

Jackonicko
18th Nov 2005, 15:56
To be fair to Mr Cullum (not sure why, as he is an irritating midget and he does make his living at the coal face of music's most irritating genre) Breakfast TV coverage seemed to show that he really did appreciate his 20 min hop, as he burbled on about the best experience of his life, and as he acknowledged what a privilege he knew it was....

Given that some "Tay Vay Personaitay" involved in the Brize-in-need extravaganza was going to get a trip, and given that only a Harrier or something rotary wing could do it, I suspect that Cullum was not a bad recipient, and that he may even be useful to the recruiters and PR boys.

It was probably between him or that ageing slapper Madonna.....

Vox Populi
18th Nov 2005, 16:15
I got it casper.

BEagle
18th Nov 2005, 16:17
Thought it was a bit dikey of that weather wench to dress up in Deels' flying suit though....

By the way, what is the little lad who flew in the back of the Harrier famous for?

caspertheghost
18th Nov 2005, 16:32
Glad someone did, Vox!

He's a singer of sorts, does music that girls and middle aged women listen to.

Redcarpet
19th Nov 2005, 12:20
Thought that the band at the end of the night were the ones with real talent. They rocked! :cool:

Gainesy
19th Nov 2005, 12:54
BEags,
One undrstands that the person is in some sort of skiffle group M'Lud.

Zoom
19th Nov 2005, 13:28
Cullum is not at all a bad singer, but he does look a bit of a squirt, and he didn't look too happy in the back. I didn't realise it was him until I read it here first. I liked the commentary by that chap who insisted that the Harrier was landing on 600ft of runway as it came down in a 35ft x 25ft rectangle. Nice landing.

Roadster280
19th Nov 2005, 14:25
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt a Harrier GR7 a single seat aircraft?

He must therefore have flown it himself. Or it wasn't a GR7. Or I am wrong. It wouldnt be the first time.

Roland Pulfrew
19th Nov 2005, 14:46
Can we expect Snake to get his Air Cdre out of last night's performance? ;) Congratulations to all involved at the secret Oxfordshire Air Base - it looked like a good night was had by all. Anyone cop any of GA?:E

caspertheghost
19th Nov 2005, 16:12
It was a T10. Sorry, sarcasm doesn't carry very well in type:O

Rakshasa
19th Nov 2005, 17:02
T10? D'oh! For a minute I was hoping they'd straped him to a hard point!

Runaway Gun
19th Nov 2005, 18:20
Strapped to a Hard Point? Like the GA girl? Ooh errr...