PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player Question....

BRL
18th Nov 2005, 13:08
Hi all. How do you play back a clip in WMP in slow motion?????

Thanks. :)

acbus1
18th Nov 2005, 17:15
We all know what you're watching! :}

You could always do repeated pause/play/pause/play......keeps the wrists nice and strong........I guess.

Hold down CTRL, repeatedly press P.

Sorry, it needs two hands. :E

effortless
18th Nov 2005, 17:48
MS knowledge base is a help (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0041.mspx)

In Windows Media Player, you can play a video file in slow motion or frame-by-frame (frame-stepping) by using the controls in the Play Speed Settings Enhancements pane. To play a video at variable speeds, do the following: 1. While the video is playing, on the View menu, point to Enhancements, and then click Play Speed Settings. 2. In the Enhancements pane, do one of the following: • Move the Play Speed slider to the speed at which you want to play the content, or click the Slow or Fast links. • Click the Fast Forward or Rewind button to change the playback speed.

Conan the Librarian
18th Nov 2005, 23:58
Media Player is a crock of (not pleasure) anyway. The insistence of Microsoft that you do it "their way" is terminally annoying. Have you tried going through a few other players and checking them out?

Google is God.

Conan

BRL
19th Nov 2005, 13:28
Thanks guys. I wouldn't know where to start regarding other media players, the only other one I know is Realplayer and that is definately off the list.

The clips I want to look at in slow motion are in fact clips of trains coupling up etc for training at work, nothing else really. :8

Tinstaafl
19th Nov 2005, 15:30
BRL, when I use Windoze I use an alternative to Windoze Media Player called 'Media Player Classic'. It tries to be what WMP used to be before M$ software bloat.

There are packages of it available that handle Real & Quicktime files. Google for 'Real alternative' and 'Quicktime Alternative'. Each of these codecs comes with MPC as the media player. Install both packages & you'll get a single instance of MPC with Real & Quicktime ability.

I think I still have the install files if you can't find them on the net. Let me know & I'll email them to you.

acbus1
19th Nov 2005, 17:51
See....told you what he was watching! "Clips of trannies coupling up!"

Disgusting.

;)

Agree re Microsoft.....they behave more like the UK Public Sector everyday. They need some serious competition!

No hope there, then. :(

EDIT -- Back again.

Just tried the "enhancements" tip (posted above by effortless) and there aren't any such options listed under enhancements.....just colour, hue etc , sound adjust etc (Media Player 9). :confused:

BOAC
19th Nov 2005, 18:01
I am using 'Intervideo WinDVD6' which enables you to step frame by frame through the coupling bit - and the train bit.....................:D