PDA

View Full Version : Moving back from the States, what a nightmare: Can you help?

pullingpitch
12th Feb 2001, 00:12
I am currentlty looking to switch from the US to the UK market. Having made the rather obvious choice to train in the States 3 years ago I am now looking to get started in the UK as a commercial pilot. Having worked for 2 years now on the west coast and fully converted with an ATP I'm finding the work situation more than frustrating. Although both North Sea operators have said their 'interested' I have little in the way of firm offers, and with the UK really being a place where 'it's who you know' it makes the situation even more difficult. If you know of any leads I would be more than appreciative, and if you've been in this situation yourself you will understand the frustration.

IHL
12th Feb 2001, 05:20
I thought that there is a pilot shortage in the UK? Were you able to convert your licence in the US before returning?

IHL

pullingpitch
12th Feb 2001, 23:02
There is a facility to convert your FAA licence to a CAA/now JAR by attending the HAI flight school now based in Florida. HAI have been doing this for about 2 years and they even have a JAR approval to do JAA training. I would recommend this to anyone interested in converting.