PDA

View Full Version : GCSE certificates

exmax
18th Nov 2005, 06:29
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew how easy or difficult it would be to obtain replacement GCSE certificates for the purpose of providing them at airline interviews. I did provide these for my previous airline but have since lost them.

I don't know if airlines here would ask for proof but they would (I presume) in the UK, so I was just wondering in case I wanted to return to flying if ever I went to live back in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Exmax

totalwannabe
18th Nov 2005, 09:28
Hi Exmax,

I had to do this aswell. It is quite easy. You need to call the school or college that you took the GCSE's at and they will give you a telephone number of a company that holds all their certificates. You have to have the school/college's registration number (or something like that!).

When you ring the other company they will ask you to fill out a form telling them all about yourself and when you took the exams. It cost me £18.00 and only took 1 week to receive them back but they did say it can take upto 31 days!!

Good luck.

L.xxxx

yellowperil
18th Nov 2005, 10:20
Errr, not sure you have to contact your school:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/qualifications/faq.cfm?sID=1#83

-yp

totalwannabe
18th Nov 2005, 11:41
Thanks Yellowperil,

The reason I had to call my old college was I needed to know the body that held their certs and the body then needs to know the registration number (or like I said earlier something like that) of the college so they can track down your certs.

Cheers

L.xx