PDA

View Full Version : AIPA Senior Staff Member Sacked

Calligula
18th Nov 2005, 01:09
I understand that a member of the COM yesterday sacked one of the very senior staff members of AIPA.

It is believed that the unfair dismissal compensation may well run close to one million dollars.

A nice use of the memberships money.

Can anyone confirm or deny ?

jakethemuss
18th Nov 2005, 01:19
As Rome burns........

Out of the ashes of the AIPA and AFAP must come a single representative body for ALL pilots in this country.

The greatest asset AIPA had and if this is true, God help us.

The lunatics have truly taken over the asylum!

The_Cutest_of_Borg
18th Nov 2005, 02:27
How can a member of the COM simply sack a staff member?

Doesn't sound right to me.

Johhny Utah
18th Nov 2005, 03:21
I'd heard a rumour a while ago (pre elections) that the hunt was going to be on more a more 'representative' person to fulfil the role of legal counsel - someone who was able to offer an opinion when asked, and who was more concerned about representing the pilots association (i.e their employer!) as opposed to how they were going to be able to get a seat in the company HQ.

Interesting times if it is one & the same...

Further to the above, it would appear that the person is as I suggested. ;)

Rather than getting upset at the possible expenditure to have this person removed, those concerned should perhaps instead ask questions as to why her contract was recently given a lengthy extension by the outgoing President/COM - knowing full well that there was growing displeasure at the way she was handling members concerns in her area of expertise.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
18th Nov 2005, 03:56
I think this rumour is more wishful thinking by some.

I sincerely doubt that it is true.

Calligula
18th Nov 2005, 04:43
TCOB.

Check Qroom. Details posted by the forum mod.

Doesnt bother me one way or the other apart from losing a lot of members money in legal action

Capn Bloggs
18th Nov 2005, 04:46
Sacking a lawyer? That's brave.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
18th Nov 2005, 05:00
I checked Qroom, all that did was quote this thread.

Something is up though...:hmm:

bonvol
18th Nov 2005, 07:11
Definitely goooooone :ok:

blueloo
18th Nov 2005, 07:43
She was the biggest impediment to AIPAs progress. Whilst we dont know what the replacement option is, it seems like a good start.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
18th Nov 2005, 11:05
Out of the ashes of the AIPA and AFAP must come a single representative body for ALL pilots in this country

Jake, a fine moment of clarity:ok:

The masked goatrider
22nd Nov 2005, 20:04
Similar motives seem to be driving Senior members of the ALAEA staff. At least one sacking (CR) appears to be on the agenda.

$1,000,000 may be a small amount to pay when you take into account the cost to the members of having an incompetent represent them.