PDA

View Full Version : Lagos-Abuja.. which airline ?

Parrot
17th Nov 2005, 19:37
In about 10 days time I need to fly from Lagos to Abuja and return. Any suggestions on which airline would be a good idea ?
Thanks

oneeyed
17th Nov 2005, 20:16
Personally - and without prejudice to other operators I would use Bellview - it appeares higly unlikely to me that they will have another accident in the near future.:cool:

Boss Raptor
17th Nov 2005, 22:47
Assume the above to be in jest - suggest the 'rumours' as to non compliance of mandatory technical and operational requirements i.e. crew hours not being complied will mean nothing...actual reports indicate concerns however as have not been officially published it would not be correct to expand

Go ACN - Aero-contractors

abujaflyer
18th Nov 2005, 04:22
There is only one airline to fly in Nigeria and that is
Virgin Nigeria, 3 a day on Lagos Abuja, superb product
cracking looking cabin crew and departures from the
International Terminal. All the locals plus expats have flooded
onto their flights after Bellview and after the Aero bird strike.
Book in advance if you can, I am now having to book to get on
but it is worth it! Nigeria is not a place to take chances on with
avaition.

Flying Touareg
18th Nov 2005, 05:58
Hey parrot, what happened to your wings?:rolleyes:

Anyway, try albarka, chanchangi, IRS, dasab, ADC,or space world
They are all good to go.

Signed on behalf of discriminated and minority airlines of Nigeria:cool:

surely not
18th Nov 2005, 09:12
Abujaflyer I have to agree with you re the Virgin Nigeria cabin crew, there are some stunningly beautiful girls flying for them.

The advantage of flying with Virgin Nigeria is that you check in at the International Terminal avoiding the congestion on the roads going to the Domestic Terminal, and the scrum inside the Domestic Terminal (Aero also have their own terminal but it is down past the Domestic Terminal).

Parrot you don't say if you are arriving into Nigeria and connecting on to ABV, or if you are resident in Nigeria. If connecting from an International flight then using Virgin Nigeria makes even more sense.

ACN_Pilot
18th Nov 2005, 11:25
Hey Parrot,

without trying to sound biased or anything, I would use a tried and tested airline, and there's only one way you can go, that is Aero. The flight attendants aren't bad looking either. In terms of the airlines in Nigeria today, none have the kind of local knowledge that Aero does. Ok so we had a bird strike, I'm sure even Virgin Atlantic themselves have had bird strikes, it doesn't mean they are not a safe airline does it? Even in flying school bird strikes where not that rare. Virgin Nigeria would be my next airline of choice, very professional bunch. Goodluck with your decision anyways.

Cheers

Parrot
18th Nov 2005, 20:13
Thanks for the advice, I have flown with Bellview before...and it was ok ..but not great. I might try Virgin and/or Aero as I also need to go to Ghana.

Now lets hope the cement is dry on the runway repairs !

ZAZOO
20th Nov 2005, 18:52
surely not, how is VK doing these days!!! Came by your check In counter at the international airport the other day, looked good and yes very nice girls as you said yourself. Looks like your new promotion for VK now is girls. Well on this side of the apron if you get what I mean, its good news in a matter of weeks to come, please be happy for us when you see the new bluetails taxi by

Shame I could not meet you!!! Funny I keep wondering why you still trying to advertise your company here on pprune! Thought they had it all by now.

Hi Boss, its funny you say and I quote...

"actual reports indicate concerns however as have not been officially published it would not be correct to expand"

sadly you have expanded and striked one, but you know what boss some of us here in lagos do know ere you work and who you work for and his reputation in my beloved country and most definetly in the aviation sector, and how he got it all, I will not say any more.

Parrot fly who you like, if you fly Bellview well welcome, if you fly VK or whatever the airline might be I say the same welcome and have a good flight.

Zaz

Rani
20th Nov 2005, 21:00
ZAZOO,
Care to elaborate on "new bluetails"?
Will the 737-700s arrive soon ? In any case/type, it's heart-warming to see Bellview bounce back. Good news for Nigerian economy.
:ok:
P.S. Going back to this thread's subject, AERO seems to have added a second daily 737 flight to Abuja, and another daily 737 to Calabar.

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2005, 11:02
Have some patience Rani, only a matter of days now and all will be in place.

My only concern is that the badgering of the bluetail company is going too far now, and funny enough, all it takes is to peer into the backyards of most of the characters making up these remarks about bluetail.............. it stinks..

Will PM you soon have to pack, off to Europe.