PDA

View Full Version : selection software

magicmick
17th Nov 2005, 19:06
I am looking to starting ATPL training with an integrated training provider. I am aware that the training providers require candidates to sit aptitude tests (PILAPT), while I appreciate that it is not possible for me to get a copy of PILAPT are there any programs or software that I can buy or download that would help to hone my reactions, co-ordination and enhance my chances of giving a good account of myself at a PILAPT test?

Ropey Pilot
18th Nov 2005, 10:11
from reading the BA DEP thread people have found a version by cockpitweb (can't link to a commercial website) but a quick google should produce.

Personally I don't believe that you can train capacity or cordination in the short term, but you probably can improve your performance at specific tests (such as these).

It kind of makes a mockery of the entire process (since the whole point is to test you generally , not specifically) and hence by practicing at the tests beforehand this no longer applies.

A bit like saying I want to test you on your knowledge of your times tables, but you find out in advance I will only ask you the answer to 5x6 and 8x7; it doesn't show your knowledge of the entire subject but since you got 100% the results say you are perfect!

But, if you can live with yourself (and I'm sure you can:E since you asked the question in the first place ) it does seem to be out there. I have no idea what it is like - but from the screen shots it looks pretty similar to what is out there professionally!

As a caution though (and linked to the moral lecture above:\ ) Just because it looks similar it may be slightly different so on the real thing do not assume you know what is coming because the pictures look the same and you know the test inside and out! - read instructions thouroughly:}

redout
18th Nov 2005, 12:28
Try a google of "APST" should be third one down.

InTheAir
6th Dec 2005, 12:48
Just discovered a new one: PILAPT Prep (http://www.pilapt-prep.co.uk)