PDA

View Full Version : EFT - Fast Track To Jet

Chitty's Leader
17th Nov 2005, 18:50
Evening all!

I haven't seen anything mentioned regarding EFT's new course, titled "Fast-Track To Jet" here on PPrune yet.

Now, I'm sure most of us with a modicum of understanding of the aviation training business will have a chuckle at the course title, since I'm not sure there is a fast-track way!

Nevertheless, I wanted to canvass your opinions on the course itself.
For £23K including an MCC, it does appear at first glance to be good value.
Excluded are accomodation, G/S, flights (of which I count 3 are required! Initially to get there, back after ATPL's & finally for MCC), transportation, CAA exam & test fees. A hefty lump on top!

Their site states, "...We will apply to airlines on your behalf"? Marketing ploy or genuine contacts in the industry do you think (or do you know?)??

I have also loked at their APP, but at another £12K on top plus the extras, for the privilege of working for them, I cannot see any benefit of spending the extra when I can buy an IR for £5k in the UK. Can you?

So, when everything is taken into consideration, do you think this is a worthwhile course to consider, or could it be done for the same in the UK or another Stateside FTO? I know Naples offer it all for £34k-ish baseline figure, to include FT G/S & accomodation.
The only thing I will say, is that I quite fancy getting out of the UK for a year or so to train, so this consideration could have some bearing on the decision.

Many thanks for your opinions! :ok:

porridge
17th Nov 2005, 22:11
I have it on reasonably good authority that the 'Fisherking' has taken up an interest in EFT. If that's the case those in the know will treat anything promised with more than a modicum of caution. A seach on these forums will be quite revealing.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
18th Nov 2005, 13:03
Are you serious porridge? I find it hard to believe that EFT would hook up with that master of disaster, SBF. They are already renting aircraft off one of the Florida aviations scenes "real men of genius." To link up with SBF as well sounds like the perfect storm. Tell us more porridge.

Chitty's Leader
18th Nov 2005, 16:40
Ok, Ok. I appreciate your replies, but really do not have a clue what is being said! :}
Would you please enlighten me, PM if you prefer. Would like to make an informed decision, rather than one I might regret!

JetSetOne
18th Nov 2005, 17:50
Crikey.

Mr. IFTA is making a deal with EFT??? His latest venture of screwing more people? EFT will then be affiliated with the two brightest stars of the florida flight training establishment, Stephen Fisher and Mike Cohen! Chitty, if this is confirmed true, research carefully before you commit.

JS1

Mordacai
18th Nov 2005, 18:01
Please guys - enough speculation.

I can assure you SBF is not doing a deal with EFT.

Thread hijack is a bad thing, back to the original point please.

M.

Keygrip
18th Nov 2005, 20:37
Mordacai - I'm staying off this, BUT there is a huge amount of rumour/speculation (delete as applicable) that it's true.

I've heard the very same story from MANY sources. You'll need to do more than just say so, under a pseudonym on Pprune, to get the relevant message across.

JetSetOne
18th Nov 2005, 20:50
Besides, what does PPRuNe stand for?

This is not Flight International...

JABI
19th Nov 2005, 05:21
We will apply to airlines on your behalf.
Yep if you are to believe that stuff I have some prime real estate for sale.CHEAP
Rumour has it that Capt Wood
http://www.flyeft.com/inside_eft/instructors.html

went aviating somewhere's else and
Simon F got in.
Curious as to how long this relationship will last. Funny how they are all called Captain when they run a flightschool.
In order not to be totally prejudiced against another fine example of a training provider in Florida this came up also:
****edited******

Frank Furillo
19th Nov 2005, 10:31
Jabi, what the hell does quoting a NTSB preliminary report have to do with all of this??
The aircraft went in to a spin, Fact Also it had 30 Degree's full flaps selected, Fact.
Are you accusing EFT and Ari Ben of misconduct? We don't know what killed that poor girl, speculation is only going to upset the family and all those involved.

FF

JABI
19th Nov 2005, 15:58
edited accordingly Frank.
However EFT have their students train on Ari's planes.(connection there)
It was an EFT student in an Ari -Ben plane.
They have some sort of parasitic symbiosis
going on likely because of training visa issuing.
Pretty clever actually; "come fly with us on somebody else's airplanes and we'll charge you extra for it.."
It shows at least the willingness to be creative.
In that same line of thought not surprising that he'll do business with the other (in)famous creative thinker...SF.
SF alledgedly denied the FAA insight in his logs on several occasions unless they came up with a warrant.
Pure rumour and speculation surely.

european champion
19th Nov 2005, 17:17
Be extra careful with this company,they are crooks,im one of their victims.but to give them some credit they are not the only crooks,i have met other crooks in uk,there is no reason to mention each one,aviation in uk in general is a dirty business !(i cant talk about other countries,i can only talk according to my personal experience).

Mordacai
19th Nov 2005, 20:22
Hi Guys,

Keygrip is quite right, so I will open up a litle more.

I am a senior instructor with EFT, and I have been working here for a little over a year. I too heard about Mr Fisher becoming involved in the business. Out of curiosity I asked Trevor about this a couple of weeks ago, and he said he had no intention of making any changes. Knowing Trevor as I do I believe him.

I have not seen Mr Fisher at the school acting in any capacity, other than his role as one of the CAA examiners. A role in which I find him to be very fair, and approachable as a matter of interest.

Bringing up the preliminary NTSB report following a tragic accident was a real cheap shot at EFT. The instructors here work very hard, and are dedicated to ensuring our students receive the best instruction possible.

As far as Fast Track to Jet is concerned - it does exactly what is says on the tin - it gets you the ratings necessary to apply to the airlines in the minimum time, taking advantage of the Florida weather.

Mordacai.

portsharbourflyer
19th Nov 2005, 21:03
Note the wording, "apply to airlines on your behalf", it doesn't have to guarentee a job offer or even an interview to be able to print this statement. This could be interpreted that the school sends your CV for you, that is still applying on your behalf but that doesn't guarentee an interview. It sounds like a careful play on words. As far as I know the three main integrated schools Cabair, Oxford and Jerez(FTE) are the only three schools that have official recommendation schemes for students to the main airlines.

porridge
20th Nov 2005, 10:57
Mordecai
So far we have not seen any denial from the EFT on the subject. I'm sure you have mentioned to the company the comment on PPRuNe, and I'm sure they are aware?
QED as far as I'm concerned until we see any response quashing the rumours!
Porridge

scroggs
21st Nov 2005, 11:06
I'm not too interested in the speculation about what individuals are involved in what FTOs. I don't watch Corrie or East Enders either, but if it turns you guys on to have a gossip then please go ahead. I would caution you about calling anyone a liar, or seriously dissing people in any other way - Pprune will not accept liability on your behalf, and will not take kindly to being used as a cowardly way to anonymously continue grudges. I don't care if 'Rumour' is in our title; we will not allow your interpretation of the meaning of rumour to hurt other people.

On that note, there are some here who seem unaware of the meaning and significance of a preliminary accident report, and who feel that scoring pathetic political points is more important than either the truth or than the feelings of those directly affected by an accident. Let's be clear here: I will not allow you to do this. If you wish to keep your posting privileges, don't piss me off!

Scroggs

triple7_jm
24th Dec 2005, 14:19
Hey guys

just wondering what you guys think of this new course EFT has introduce called 'fast track to jet'.

the options seem to good to be true, taking into consideration of the IR, G/S, Flights to u.S it all works out to be around 30k.

guys if your there at the school, hows the vibe like.

I dont want another FTC in south africa problem.

cheer
J

BigGrecian
25th Dec 2005, 18:30
Escobar unless you've been there personally I think it's best you don't comment.

Triple7_jim do a search there are plenty of threads on EFT do a search and you will get an idea of what the current and past students feel about EFT - where you'll get a fairer opinion.

Farrell
25th Dec 2005, 23:33
Yep....have to agree with BigGrecian on that. Do a search under EFT and that should answer all of your questions.

Good luck with your training!

Frank Furillo
26th Dec 2005, 12:02
Same here, Farraell and Big grecian are right, do a search and then contact some ex EFT students to ask them.

renright
11th Feb 2006, 01:21
Hi all,
I am interested in EFT for continuing my flight studies and I am considering doing the multi APP, just wondering if there is anyone online who has done the multi APP or the new fasttrack to jet courses. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on the pros and cons of each of these courses.
I couldn't find much on the search function.

razzele
11th Feb 2006, 23:21
Well the obvious advantage of the Multi APP is a lot of lovely multi engine time. The twins are alot more desireable to have in your logbook than single engine time

Fast track is exactly what it sounds like, it is an accelerated program to a jaa Fatpl, with no Flight instructor modules.

:ok:

razzele