PDA

View Full Version : Age vs Hours

mach decimal 83
17th Nov 2005, 16:34
this question is more towards the airline guys, but any replies are welcome. would like to know the following: can someone ever have to much hours for their age and now I'm more referring to when they want to get into an airline at some point in time.

reptile
17th Nov 2005, 19:49
Just to be clear - are you asking whether Parker Pen hours are acceptable to the airlines? :suspect:

pilotpower
18th Nov 2005, 03:58
Give us the facts....... How many hours do you have on what, and how old are you?!

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Nov 2005, 05:42
How about those who started late and don't have the hours commensurate with their age? Do the airlines view this in a negative light as a means of sidestepping the age discrimination legislation?

Mungalui
18th Nov 2005, 05:59
I've been flying in the bush for 3 years.Will having too much bush-time effect my chances of getting into an airline?:confused:

busdriver
18th Nov 2005, 06:58
Reptile and Co, condescending bunch of ******.......

I thought it was a fair question - and in my opinion the answer is, Airlines want your experience to be comensurate with your age. which generally means dont be 35 and have 800hours. This is one of the few times in life when "less is more" doesn't count.

Good luck 0.83.

Kopeloi
18th Nov 2005, 07:00
In my experience something like 400 hrs/year on corporate and 700 hrs on commercial are realistic limit on longer periods (over 10 years...)

reptile
18th Nov 2005, 09:09
bushdriver......feel free to call me a condescending ****....

but just a word of advice- It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, than to confirm you're a fool by opening your trap.

the question is "can someone have to(sic) much hours for their age" i.e. age 24 with 10 000 hours. (RTFQ)

The answer is yes - if you are 24 with 10 000 hours in the book - airlines will certainly frown. In other words, Parker Pen hours are not welcome.

So bushdriver, when you've finally got that reading and comprehending thing sorted out - granted it will take some time - please feel free to take me on again.

P.S. This reply is also available in picture format - should you still have trouble figuring it out.

LLFlyer
18th Nov 2005, 09:29
So bushdriver, when you've finally got that reading and comprehending thing sorted out

BUSdriver.

Mungalui
18th Nov 2005, 10:14
Thanks Busdriver

Not having a good day are we Reptile?

mach decimal 83
18th Nov 2005, 11:32
no reptile, I am not talking about ZS-BIC hours, it is simple, I have started flying at quite a young age and the hours are ticking over quite fast, all turbine hours though, but still, so I was just curious to know. thanx for your and the bus drivers answers. much appreciated

reptile
18th Nov 2005, 13:20
Then there should be no problem. With more than 1500 hrs and approx. 300+ multi turbine - you should stand a good chance at the feeders.

I understand SAX is busy with a fleet expansion and expecting a large pilot intake in the new year - now the time to update that CV.:ok:

Flyer14
18th Nov 2005, 21:00
Looking at the topic of this thread I have a direct question. I'm 21 and a few months with a fresh CPL/ME/IR and 270 hours. Looking at how some guys got their com at 19 have I already missed the hours with age boat or is there time to salvage an eventual airline career? Should I look at an instructors rating or a turbine rating (and hope for a job), as I only have enough cash for one of the two. Appreciate any advice.