PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Airport

Beagle-eye
17th Nov 2005, 16:00
What the :mad: is going on at Edinburgh ? I arrived here on Tuesday evening at 18:30. It took me 15 minutes queuing to get out of the multi-story car park and then a further 35 minutes to get to the A8 !!!

I know that there has been a significant increase in airport parking and that the “Park and Ride” is now open but is this going to be the norm from now on ?

Nightmare
:mad:

agent x
17th Nov 2005, 17:38
Its an airport. Airports can get busy. Guess you were'nt the only person leaving at that time! Go figure! :hmm:

sammie1
18th Nov 2005, 09:14
There is some works on the start of the M9 with a 40mph limit and because you have to stop and give way it's causing a backlog of traffic, sometimes all the way back to the airport, especially at rush hour. I've been caught in the traffic more than once after a long duty - taken me half an hour just to get onto the M9 !!

Hopefully the works will be finished soon, which might help a little, but it always a busy road !!

Sammie,

Beagle-eye
19th Nov 2005, 15:15
> Guess you were'nt the only person leaving at that time! Go figure!

Obviously not !!! I do use EDI regularly and is often busy but I have never seen it THAT busy.

> There is some works on the start of the M9 with a 40mph limit

Thanks for that info Sammie. Hope that this is the cause and it will be back to just being "normally" busy.

Cheers :ok: