PDA

View Full Version : Professionalism

Ancient Pelican
9th Feb 2001, 17:37
Swashplate is to be commended for his professional attitude and bearing. His quick response in shutting down a thread for the sake of a fair trail. He did so without complaint and rancor and pettiness. Congradulations on your professionalism!!!

swashplate
9th Feb 2001, 17:48
Thanks for that, Pelican. Flattery will get you everywhere!!!!

Seriousley though, maybe we ALL ought to be a bit more careful about what we say on PPRuNE if a trial is involved. 'Flying Lawyer's post really got me thinking - suppose YOU were in the Dock?????

The last thing anyone wants is to influence a jury.

Hoverman
10th Feb 2001, 01:47
I agree.
Well put, Pelican.
Well done, Swashplate.

SPS
11th Feb 2001, 07:12
Things CAN and DO change for the better sometimes. I Much prefer the way things have moved on in a month or less and commend ALL
for the effort (no less the above).

SPS

sprocket
11th Feb 2001, 08:10
Pelican, good call.
As most of us here are professionals in aviation, I would think that the outcome of the trial would hold a certain amount of interest but many of us will never find out this info due to geographical location etc.
Swasplate, would you or anyone in the district be able to let us know any details made public? Or even a link to news media? ... without treading on legal minefields of course.

swashplate
12th Feb 2001, 13:03
Sprocket:

The guy dealing with the trial is a barrister called Tudor Owen (Flying Lawyer). I presume he may put something on PPRuNe when the trial is over.
I'm not involved myself.

The Nr Fairy
12th Feb 2001, 14:05
Once the trial has concluded, I'm sure there will be articles in the press which can be posted. Also, the UK AAIB report will be released, I suspect after the trial has finished, and a link to that is easy to find and post as well.