PDA

View Full Version : Australian Soccer(football)

frangatang
16th Nov 2005, 23:21
Saw the match between australia and uruguay on aussie tv last night. Of great interest was seeing qantas flying over the stadium in sydney in a 747. Could you ever see B A doing that over the new wembley for england!!!!

PPRuNe Radar
16th Nov 2005, 23:24
Nah, it's usually the Red Arrows, or the Arrows and Concorde in it's day ;)

The last flying engagement for the 2000 Team, and their final appearance in red flying suits that year,_was a flypast over the twin towers of Wembley Stadium at 1555 BST on Saturday 7 October, that is at the end of half time in the friendly match between Germany and England, the final game played at Wembley as we knew it.

spud's on the job
17th Nov 2005, 10:22
All good except it wasnt a friendly - it was the 1-0 defeat in the world cup qualifier and KK's last game in charge, pouring with rain and rubbish game, still we got 'em back in the return leg in the famous 5-1 bashing in Munich

Seaton Approach
17th Nov 2005, 13:26
"England vs Germany" and "Friendly" don't actually go together in the same sentence.

Bit like "England vs Argentina" and "Friendly"...... :}

Sans Anoraque
17th Nov 2005, 15:03
Well I was there (Wembley that is) and I didn't see them.

Possibly because the cloudbase was about 100ft.

NASTYNAS
25th Nov 2005, 15:07
Btitish Airways are a British airline not English

MarkD
25th Nov 2005, 17:23
BA are the England team's national airline, last I heard.

CIA Stooge
25th Nov 2005, 23:11
In hindsight the best thing Qantas did was supply a 767 for the flight back from Uruguay prior to the return leg in Sydney. The Uruguay mob apparently travelled in economy on a Lan Chile scheduled service and were 'knackered'. The Aussie guys were refreshed after inflight massage, lots of leg room, oxygen, medics..the works.

Now bring on England in the Quarter Finals!