PDA

View Full Version : Engine-off into a hole?

Bronx
16th Nov 2005, 21:49
Where did the thread about FlyingSquirrel doing an engine off into a hole go? :confused:

Revolutionary
17th Nov 2005, 00:55
My dear fellow, let me start with an apology for calling you a grasshopper when, by your own admission, you are a squirrel. But I want to set the record straight: your thread was a slam of your examiner for picking a spot for your autorotation deemed unsuitable by you, not a practical question about techniques to hop over holes in mid-slide.

You're right that I'm being paid to sit around all day and surf the net. I do fly a helicopter every now and then though, when someone is in need of a quick ride to the hospital, so it's not like I'm an accountant or a chimney sweep or something. What I was trying to convey to you was a nugget of helpful helicopter advice that may be worth repeating:

When flying, don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you're uncomfortable with.

Believe me, I've learned this and every other lesson the hard way. There isn't a mistake you can make flying a helicopter that I haven't made before you. Just wanted to help you squirrel. Friends?

eagle 86
17th Nov 2005, 02:07
Squirrel,
I agree with Rev - there is no technique that will allow you to hop in mid-slide and not make the situation worse - more importantly, it is my experience that some form of external pressure has inevitably been applied to a pilot that has resulted in that pilot going outside his envelope and getting in the **** - know your personal limits and stick to them.
GAGS
E86

Thomas coupling
17th Nov 2005, 11:59
Flyingsquirrel: you should change your name to flying chicken:yuk:

First you mask an attempt to moan about someone else putting YOU in an incipient position and then you pull the thread because you can't cope with the responses......crisis, what crisis:{

Bravo73
17th Nov 2005, 13:52
...and then deleted his response on this thread as well!

Curious. Has BRAVO 99 (AJB) learnt to spell and returned to Rotorheads, I wonder...? ;) :E

Bronx
17th Nov 2005, 15:20
Kinda strange. :(
When i saw it young Squirrel was posting to say he how he handled a tricky situation real good , then some folk said he shouldn't have gotten himself in that situation in the first place and next time I looked the thread had gone. Looks like I missed the good bits.