PDA

View Full Version : Antipodean Fraud Investigation - Updated April 2006

Mick814
12th Nov 2005, 17:27
This matter was been reported to Sussex Police, Gatwick Airport late Friday and as the investigating officer I would be grateful if those persons who believe they have been subject of any criminal offence either in the UK or Australia contact me to discuss the matters further.
Detective Sergeant Mick JONES, Sussex Police, Gatwick Airport 0845 6070999 extn 37233 / 37299
Fax +44 1293 592817
email [email protected]

or private msg me on pprune 'mick814'

Hamrah
16th Nov 2005, 20:49
Please offer any assistance you can to help with this investigation.

H

sinala1
3rd Dec 2005, 01:51
Any word on the missing $$, or the missing Mr :yuk: Poulton?

:hmm:

Ranjha83
8th Feb 2006, 11:06
Well time is up for our glenny running around streets looking for tent to hide but time always comes and it's the real time for our freind Glen Poulton (pullstick) going to Court on the 17th Feb.. Lets see w:cool: hat happens to that toss........

Ranjha83
24th Feb 2006, 01:21
any news yet for the outcome of the case?

Hamrah
7th Apr 2006, 13:37
The following is being distributed by Sussex Police

Re : - Antipodean Air Charter – Mr Glen POULTON

With regards to the above company / person and the allegations of theft / fraud, Gatwick criminal investigation department have undertaken an investigation to establish the facts of the matter.

We have arrested Mr Glen POULTON, interviewed him and taken statements from various sources.

This type of investigation is often protracted, complex and requires evidence being obtained from different Force areas as well, in this case, from different countries. This is time consuming and when reviewing the investigation and subsequent report from the Crown Prosecution Service I have to balance the amount of time spent against the outcome of a successful prosecution.

In order for this to proceed to court we would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that POULTON had a criminal intent from the outset and we would have to rebut a defence of an incompetent business man.

At this stage neither I nor the Crown Prosecution Service is convinced that we would ever be able to negate this to the required standard set by the criminal court, Mr POULTON has lost a substantial amount of his own money financing this business venture and the evidence provided to date shows an air of incompetence as opposed criminal intent.

I therefore do not intend to investigate this matter any further, however this would not preclude you from taking action through the civil courts where the burden of proof is on the balance of probabilities and they can award costs etc against Mr POULTON, which is not always the case in the criminal court.

Ranjha83
8th Apr 2006, 09:05
hey thanx, for the info.. what will happen now anything?

wrxsubby
8th Apr 2006, 09:12
Bugger, onwards and upwards,

Hamrah
8th Apr 2006, 09:27
As the police report says, they are not confident that he could be found guilty of setting out to deliberately take money from people with criminal intent from the outset. They recognise his incompetence as a business man, but sadly that is not a crime.

If any of you feel you want to consider legal action against him, the best I can suggest would be to form a group, and take legal advice. It may be that you could seek compensation along those lines. But as he appears to have sunk a serious amount of his own money into this doomed project, I'm not sure there would be anything to " win".

H

Cosmic Girl
9th Apr 2006, 18:58
My fiance had the 'pleasure' of flying with this Poulton character and listened to his dreams of taking a 747 to Australia,he even took details of the website to pass to his cousin who used to be sccm with Ansett as he has always been keen to get back into flying as a senior down under.Luckily my bloke lost the details.What a lucky escape!!!! Sorry for all those involved!

sebby
17th Apr 2006, 08:17
it was so close but so far for glen and his people. oh well i think most of us have moved on, i certainly have and am definitely in a better position now as is a close friend.

I say this reluctantly, but i believe glen always had the ambition to do this right and never had any criminal or fraudulant intentions, as much as it upset me and caused me a lot of pain, time has allowed me to move on and seek bigger and better things. I suggest everyone else moves on too and be proactive... all the best.