PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Assessment Afternoon.

geordiejet
16th Nov 2005, 13:25
Hey everyone. I have a preliminary assessment here in Newcastle for cabincrew with TCX for next year's Summer season. I'm just wondering what exactly these entail. Is there any kind of preparation for this that could work to my advantage. Finally, any advice for getting through the day and making a good impression.

Also, what should I wear for this occasion. Don't want to stick out for being under or overdressed!!

Thanks for any help,
ALex :-)

hajjie
16th Nov 2005, 13:50
Hi Alex.

I had an interveiw with tcx last year so hopefully i can help.
For the 1st part of the session we were split into small groups with 1 interviwer per group and we just had to talk about ourselves for a few minutes.
we were then split into 2 groups and had a pile of items that we had to decide would be most useful on a desert island.
i think the best thing to do is not to take over too much but not to stay too quiet either.
We finished after this and then I found out through the post that I had a 2nd interview a few weeks later (this was a 1 to 1).

As for outfits, make sure you look well groomed make up and hair wise (i always wear my hair tied back but thats up to you) and i normally wear a skirt suit but i have seen some girls wearing really nice trousers/shirts combos.
Generally as long as you look smart you'll be fine.

Hope this has helped a little, good luck!!:ok:

geordiejet
16th Nov 2005, 13:56
hey! thanks, that's a great help :-) Im quite looking forward to it, if a little anxious. Thanks for the information!
ALex:D :D

hajjie
16th Nov 2005, 14:10
Just relax on the day ( easier said than done i know) and keep smiling.
The main things that theyr looking out for are how you work as part of a team and how you interact with others as well as how you would be with passengers so bear that in mind during the group activities.
Good luck :ok: