PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Confirms Hong Kong as New Route

A300Man-2005
16th Nov 2005, 08:50
QR confirmed that they will commence daily operations to Hong Kong from June 2006.

The services will offer Business and Economy Classes, on an Airbus A330-200.

oryxbollocks
16th Nov 2005, 10:06
Today's Gulf Times has an article stating March 26 as the start date.

From information obtained down route, it will not be linked as previously thought, to the Seoul service which will continue to hub out of Shanghai.

GB

newswatcher
16th Nov 2005, 13:41
I wondered when this was happening! Airline Network (http://www.airline-network.co.uk/) has been offering "cheap" vacations to HK, flying Qatar Airways, for some time now, and I couldn't see how they were able to do this, when it didn't feature on QA's network!:confused:

ruby tuesday
16th Nov 2005, 20:26
Considering its easter they are absolutely giving it away!!
HK is a high yield route with 3 strong non stop players...even the 1 stops had good yield - now QR has joined the fray the yield will only head one way...

A300Man-2005
2nd Dec 2005, 11:38
QR services to India are also increasing as follows:

BOM = 14 times per week (7)
DEL = 10 times per week (7)
HYD = 7 times per week (4)
COK = 7 times per week (5)
TRV remains a daily operation, but will now be operated by A300 every day.

(previous frequencies shown in brackets).

So, your layovers are getting even shorter folks!!! Also, the use of mixed equipment on the routes will mean a bit more deadheading and combining of A320 crews with AB6 and A332 crews, just as happens at present with CMB / MLE, etc. etc

popay
2nd Dec 2005, 13:48
A300Man-2005, well we have noticed that. 1 deadheading last month 2 this month, that's nearly 24 BH seating for free. I don't mind to deadhead occasionally, but its time to offer some compensation, if its going to continue like that.
Cheers.

loc22550
2nd Dec 2005, 15:03
This is not new i think A300 Man, last winter it was the same, due to Open sky policy from India during winter time they increase fly to india , it will return to "normal" again around April i think.

salamalikum2
3rd Dec 2005, 15:49
Popay, donīt forget to mention as well that when you have a dead heading flight, most of the time you have to fight to have a business seat even if business class is empty.....those ground staff people are still thinking that we are travelling for fun.....

popay
3rd Dec 2005, 16:10
salamalikum2, well i don't know what particular procedures they follow, whether its confirmed ticket or not? I'd assume its a confirmed ticket, because you have to go on board, that used to be the way with the previous company (deadheading ID 50 C)but as many other things... who knows. I guess it comes down to a personal level, if you nice to them they will do their best, if not they will do it per book, which nobody of us has ever seen. So I was nice to them and got my C seat with empty C class. Many things are done here based on sympathy, so keep smiling.....
Cheers.:8

A300Man-2005
8th Dec 2005, 05:19
Manchester will become a daily service from 26th March 2006, operating on an Airbus A332 in two classes, J/ Y.