PDA

View Full Version : Air tours in London

Ancient Pelican
21st Aug 2001, 19:57
I am planning on being in London at the end of the year and would like to get information on air tours in and around the London area.
Thanks

Jed A1
22nd Aug 2001, 17:41
Try:

Aeromega - www.aeromega.co.uk (http://www.aeromega.co.uk)

Biggin Hill Helicopters - www.bhh.co.uk (http://www.bhh.co.uk)

piloteddy
22nd Aug 2001, 20:12
I think that Elite Helicopters do them too:
www.elitehelicopters.co.uk (http://www.elitehelicopters.co.uk)

B Sousa
22nd Aug 2001, 21:01
Im going LAS/JNB via London also, but how do you get a Helicopter into a Pub??

Heliport
22nd Aug 2001, 21:36
If anyone is interested in flying in either a JetRanger or a Gazelle over London (or elsewhere in the South East) e-mail me and I'll put you in touch with someone who will take Rotorheads for a contribution to the costs. (Private flight)

Ancient Pelican
22nd Aug 2001, 22:37
Gentlemen;
Thank you for the input. You get a helicopter in the pub by flying it thru the door sideways. or, land on the roof and use the stairs, leave the helicopter outside, it doesnt need to drink, someone has to be responsible!
Heliport I will be sending you an e-mail in a day or two, I haven't flown a Gazelle in years, love to be in one again.

eyeinthesky
23rd Aug 2001, 00:30
Cabair Helicopters do them every weekend out of Elstree. 30 mins down the Thames to the Dome and back. Not sure of the cost, but about £125 a head (you share with 4 others).

[ 24 August 2001: Message edited by: Heliport ]

Special 25
23rd Aug 2001, 00:45
I'd recommend Aeromega - See above. Also about £125 per head I think in a Jetranger. Fly down the Thames, past the Dome, Tower Bridge etc. to Westminster and then back to North East London.

Chopperbopper
23rd Aug 2001, 01:32
Contact London Helicopter Centres Redhill, I believe the ship they are using for sightseeing is an EC120 same cost as the others.

The Nr Fairy
23rd Aug 2001, 10:33
If Heliport is thinking of the same person I think he is, you could do worse than contact Heliport and arrange a private trip - if I'm right in a Gazelle, eh Heliport ?

Hoverman
24th Aug 2001, 01:10
I did these trips some years ago and thought they were good, but a rip-off. 4 pax @ £125 for a half hour trip = £1000 per hour!
We flew from Elstree to Kew, a quick sweep along the Thames and reurn to Elstree via the Lea Valley.
Out of the half hour flight, the punters got about 10 minutes over the scenic part of London, the pax on the right side didn't see much of interest and the one who drew the short straw and was sat in the middle saw b*gger all in the 206.
A flight over London is a fantastic experience - but be aware of the pitfalls and the astronomic cost.
If you can find some friendly heli owner to take you, you get twice as long for less money, and if he flies up the Thames and back the same way, the pax on each side gets a decent view.

PurplePitot
24th Aug 2001, 02:21
I used to do these trips as a freelancer both for Aeromega and Cabair and I thoroughly agree with Hoverman about the round trip out of Elstree – Waste of time! I do however thoroughly recommend Aeromega: Stapleford is a very pleasant airfield that’s easy to get to and the helicopter trip is done both ways so that everyone gets to see the scenic bit’s! – Can I have the money now Mike? :cool:

EESDL
24th Aug 2001, 04:39
You are all dreaming, Elite Helicopters is the place to go, ENDEX!!

connavar
24th Aug 2001, 16:56
Strongly reccomend Flightworks Limited. Did the flight last week and it was Bonza!

1 hour flight from High Wycombe, down H10 to Kew, right along the river and out at "Los Islas Cannines".

[ 24 August 2001: Message edited by: Heliport ]

Capn Notarious
27th Aug 2001, 11:55
Has this thread just gone to the dogs